CPTS vs CEH

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  M3MN0CH 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     LegioX 
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have just done my CEH and want to do the CPTS as well, but was wondering how much of the content overlapped?
    I’m having real trouble finding any actual study materials for this exam… not even an offical book!

Is anyway able to help?

skel 
    Participant

I am interested in finding out this too. Also how recognised is it compared to CEH ?

rusaus 
    Participant

CEH and CPTS courses are similar in concept (Theoretical basis) and from my recent experience are very different in the way they delivered. I‘ve found that CEH course was more theoretical with no time left for practical exercises and the instructor has no pen testing experience. CPTS course was delivered by a very experienced instructor and I had a chance to play with many tools and techniques. I felt a bit frustrated after completing CEH course due to the lack of practice and felt quite confident after finishing CPTS course.  CEH Certification is pupular but I found that some people prefer not to put it on their CV. CPTS certification is not yet popular but doesn’t have that stigma. I have CEH and getting ready for CPTS exam.

Hope this helps.

Sydney/Australia

oleDB 
    Participant

Although completely unscientific and lame, this is how I find out which one is more recognized

Google Hits
    Results 1 – 10 of about 392,000 for CEH Ethical Hacker. (0.17 seconds)
    Results 1 – 10 of about 50,100 for CPTS Penetration Testing. (0.28 seconds)

Monster Hits
    21 jobs – CEH
    11 jobs – CPTS

rusaus 
    Participant

Hey oleDB,

I like your “unscientific” but “CREATIVE” approach. I think that is good reflection of CPTS popularity at this stage, however I’ve got a feeling that soon it will change due to the quality of CPTS training and current problems with CEH. We will see 🙂

rusaus

M3MN0CH 
    Participant

I have had my CEH for almost 3 years now and I can agree with comments I have read here.  Personally I was disappointed with the level of instruction I received from the personnel that provided the class.  All lecture and no substance.  I will be pursuing the CPTS as well as CHFI.  First I have to finish my CCNP though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?