Cover Art for New Book – Ninja Hacking

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      Grendel
      Participant

Jason Andress and I just finished writing a new book – I’m providing a link to show you the cover they came up with:

http://tinyurl.com/26acxo6

I may be biased, but I like it… a lot.    🙂

p.s. Due out In October.
      p.p.s. Hope you guys like it
      p.p.p.s. If not, just lie and say you do  ::)

hayabusa
      Participant

Sweet.  Looks good.  Hopefully this will be one of my freebies from the contest a few months ago.  I haven’t received any books from them yet (of the 5 new releases I’m supposed to get)

Congrats, Tom, and I look forward to reading it!

Tim

rattis
      Participant

I’m going to add this to my amazon wish list. My mom did buy me the Lab book for my Birthday, just waiting for it to arrive.

dynamik
      Participant

@chrisj wrote:

I’m going to add this to my amazon wish list.

Yea, I definitely wish-listed this when it came up a few days ago (I think that was here on EH). The cover art is cool, but I was going to get it regardless 😉

jason
      Participant

And if you do happen to find any bits in there that you don’t like, those were the parts that Tom wrote  ;D

morpheus063
      Participant

Great Achievement – Tom and Jason, Congrats.
      Awaiting the release and all the best 🙂

Grendel
      Participant

@jason wrote:

And if you do happen to find any bits in there that you don’t like, those were the parts that Tom wrote  ;D

THAT…. is probably true.  :'(

Anonymous
      Participant

That’s class! I’ve always wanted to be able to hack a ninja.

Jimbob

p.s. Nice avatar Jason :{D

blackazarro
      Participant

Definitely going to add this book to my wish list.

Anonymous
      Participant

Jason, Tom Congratulations on your new offspring! The cover artwork is good but I would prefer a more “bladed” metallic shurikken 😀

I have already purchased and read Tom’s Professional Penetration Testing and I can say that I enjoyed it very much!

Next purchases: Ninja Hacking and CounterHack Reloaded. I think I need to make space on my bookself…!

I just wish that the Ethical Hacker Amazon Store can serve European Amazon Store customers  ???

caissyd
      Participant

I have already purchased and read Tom’s Professional Penetration Testing and I can say that I enjoyed it very much!

I liked this book too! So I am looking forward to take a look at your new book!

BTW, I like this simple and neat cover!

Please post again in October when the book is ready.

Great achievement!!!

Grendel
      Participant

@H1t M0nk3y wrote:

I liked this book too!

Can I ask a favor – for anyone who read / liked the book, could you swing over to amazon and post your opinion? It’s been out almost a year, and only six people commented so far… and there have been thousands and thousands sold.  O_o

UNIX
      Participant

Congrats on another book, tom and jason. 😉
      Will certainly get this one too.

DavidW
      Participant

@Grendel wrote:

Can I ask a favor – for anyone who read / liked the book, could you swing over to amazon and post your opinion? It’s been out almost a year, and only six people commented so far… and there have been thousands and thousands sold.  O_o

Grendel, I bought Professional Penetration Testing as a reward for passing Sec+ (I know it wasn’t that big of a test but buying books for passing a test keps me motivated 🙂 And my reward for my MCSE was builing a new PC).  I will definitely post an Amazon review when I am done reading it.  I am almost half way through and love it so far.

NIX
      Participant

I don’t have much to say on the conver, how ever I just passed my CEH exam a few months now and need to start doing some serious reading, can anyone guide me as to where to start.

It is greatly appreciated
      ???

Xen
      Participant

That’s a pretty vague question. What is it you want to focus on–Penetration testing(network,wireless,web), incident handling, reverse engineering,….? There are a large number of good books. Without any idea of what you specifically want to learn, answering your question will be difficult.

UNIX
      Participant

@NIX: Browse through the forums, there are several threads covering your question. If you have any specific questions and did some research yourself, feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate section.

caissyd
      Participant

@Grendel, I just added the first review of “Professional Penetration Testing” on amazon.CA (hey, I am a Canadian!  ;))

Great book, I truly enjoyed it!

secureseve
      Participant

I look forward to reading this! Whenever I get some free time!

TeknoGod
      Participant

I like it, Simple and professional but trained in the woo-don!!!!!

Darktaurus
      Participant

Congrates guys.  I also added the book to my wishlist.  I should have it by next week hopefully.  What inspired you guys to write the book?  It just needed to be done or the love of InfoSec? Also, do you think Ninja skills increase your ability for Social Engineering? 

Darktaurus
      Participant

Well, I guess not next week.  At least it will be ordered when it comes out. 

rattis
      Participant

On Twitter today, Grendel said the book is shipping from Amazon.

Looking at my Wish List, it’s no longer in pre-order status.

kriscamaro68
      Participant

I ordered mine right off the syngress website and it shipped today. Should be here Monday.

If you want to buy syngress books for a decent price go here: http://www.syngress.com/syngress_solutions/

This one looks to be a good one along with the “Practical lock picking” book I bought at the same time.

caissyd
      Participant
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

😉 Or you can order it through EH-Net’s Amazon Store and help support our efforts:

http://astore.amazon.com/theethhacne0c-20

Don

caissyd
      Participant

Oups, sorry Don, I totally forgot…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?