Courses in network pentesting

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      n3r
      Participant

Hi all !
      As Christmas is coming i would like to apply for courses in networking pentesting but i don’t know which one i should go for.
      As i said on previous posts i have some good knowledge in C language, my python is not bad, i’ve learnt some stuff on metasploit, nmap but didn’t write my exploits.

So if you have any idea it’ll be very helpfull
      thanks !

UNIX
      Participant

OSCP might be a good choice.

TheXero
      Participant

n3r, PWB/OSCP is a great course and I would highly recommend it 🙂

I have a video and write-up on the exploit development process which can be found on my website at http://www.thexero.co.uk/exploit-development/

I was proficient in the majority of tools on BackTrack (including nmap and metasploit) but there is alot more to break into a computer than just being able to use some tools.

If you get a chance drop by #intern0t on irc.freenode.net and we can set you up for my hacker CTF challenge and you’ll see what I mean xD

Being proficient in Python isn’t necessary for oscp, but it does help and personally I had built 2 exploits from scratch before I started pwb which definitely helped when it came to the exploit development modules 🙂

cd1zz
      Participant

+1 OSCP

hurtl0cker
      Participant

+1 OSCP
      if I get enough funding, the only course I will enroll is OSCP.

El33tsamurai
      Participant

+1 OSCP

n3r
      Participant

Thanks all, i’ve read a lot of reviews about OCSP and i know it’s a great course but i don’t know i’m really good enough to go for OSCP, i may go for 90 days lab !

El33tsamurai
      Participant

Yeah and take your time with the labs, I spent a while in Mod 4 but now everything is automated got some wicked bash scripts :-D.  It will by far be the best class you ever take.

jeffersonkane
      Participant

I was proficient in the majority of tools on BackTrack (including nmap and metasploit) but there is alot more to break into a computer than just being able to use some tools.

Anonymous
      Participant

I have not done OSCP but I think its best one for netoworking.

n3r
      Participant

Let’s go for OCSP so, i’m sure i’ll learn a lot of thibgs and enjoy it 🙂
      Just have to wait a little and i could apply for the courses !

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

+1 OSCP!

n3r
      Participant

+2  ;D

Well OCSP seems to be a great course and i wanted to be sure before going to spend all my time in it !!

Florin
      Participant

I second the other’s opinions, OSCP is the best choice – not just because you will learn a lot of stuff, the experience of the exam is “everything” …

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?