Course for web testing

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

HI all,

Can anyone recommended a good online course for web testing?

hayabusa
      Participant

I recently emailed back and forth with Joe McCray.  I know he’s currently doing a revamp on his ‘So You Want To Be A Web App Pentester.”  Might be worth checking in with him, to see where it stands.

Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks have you done the course ? or has anyone ? what was it like ? I was also looking at mile 2 course Certified Secure Web Application Engineer  as they offering 50% off it work out about £170 has anyone done this ?

tturner
      Participant

I’m doing CSWAE now but am not very far into it. So far it looks good except the videos are taken from a live class and there’s one student who keeps asking annoying questions.

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

I’ve had heard a lot of people say eCCPT has a really good web pentesting portion. I dont know if you’re looking for a cert but incase you’re not..you can just take the eCPPT course.

impelse
      Participant

ElearnSecurity is a good base web attack training.

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

impelse,

have you took the course?

Darktaurus
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

I recently emailed back and forth with Joe McCray.  I know he’s currently doing a revamp on his ‘So You Want To Be A Web App Pentester.”  Might be worth checking in with him, to see where it stands.

I saw that and it definitely looks good.  I think he teaches how to go somewhat undetected also.  I think the price would be the only thing that holds me back from his course but it is probably worth it.

Anonymous
      Participant

Agoonie what was the price of the course ?

I have looked at ElearnSecurity but in order to do the pro course it cost $599 or three payment what work out $650 that is a lot of money compared to the mile2 course at $250 and its only really web stuff I need to learn ASAP.

Does anyone know why with ElearnSecurity if you do the pay monthly its more expensive ? I think this little off putting IMO if it was same price I would be more tempted to do it.

Also does anyone know if you pay monthly do you still get the 5% off ?

Having another certificate would be cool but I am not sure how many companies in the UK would see the value of it.

alucian
      Participant

Depends of your level of knowledge and your budget.

I have done both eCPPT and SANS GWAPT. eCPPT is a very good introductory course, it covers most of the basic stuff and is has execellent presentations.

SANS goes deeper (escpecially for the client side), but it is very expensive.

If you’ll pay, I suggest you to start with eCPPT, buy the new book The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook, buy a license for Burp pro and you are good to go. After this you’ll discover by yourself where you lack knowledge.

Also, after eCPPT, you can do OSCP (I don’t see it in your signature). They also have web stuff.

If your company will pay for the course, you can go for SANS.

Anonymous
      Participant

alucian

cool burp already have and new hacker handbook already have. I doubt my company will pay as they believe in training in house but for me I prefer to learn from watching video and then trying stuff that why I am looking at doing a course.

lorddicranius
      Participant

I can vouch for eLearnSecurity as well.  This is my first course diving into web app pentesting and it’s very easy to understand and the forms are active with people who can help if you have questions.  Starting my exam within the next 2 weeks, I’ll try and write up a review soon.

Anonymous
      Participant

Cool it does sounds really good will have to think about it but what put me off is face it more if you pay monthly and you don’t get the 5% off and money is tight 😛

Darktaurus
      Participant

@Jamie.R wrote:

Agoonie what was the price of the course ?

I have looked at ElearnSecurity but in order to do the pro course it cost $599 or three payment what work out $650 that is a lot of money compared to the mile2 course at $250 and its only really web stuff I need to learn ASAP.

Does anyone know why with ElearnSecurity if you do the pay monthly its more expensive ? I think this little off putting IMO if it was same price I would be more tempted to do it.

Also does anyone know if you pay monthly do you still get the 5% off ?

Having another certificate would be cool but I am not sure how many companies in the UK would see the value of it.

The one I am talking about is 2500 bucks.  It might take a minute to come up with that.  I am still saving for the OSCE which is a grand less.  I probably will end of doing it anyway since the content is that good.  🙂

http://strategicsec.com/services/training-services/classroom/advanced-penetration-testing/
      $2500

http://strategicsec.com/services/training-services/online/so-you-wanna-be-a-webapp-pentester/

http://strategicsec.com/services/training-services/online/so-you-wanna-be-a-pentester/

Anonymous
      Participant

Ah cool just a little out my price range 😛

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

I second that lol  When I’m ready for web pentesting, my vote is eCPPT. It’s reasonably priced, geared towards beginners, and has credibility.

Anonymous
      Participant

Yeah I may go for this gonna have to try save a bit cash and pay it all at once as don’t want pay extra.

mohaab
      Participant

you can check this course

CODENAME: Samurai Skills Course

http://ninja-sec.com/index.php/samurai-skills/

Seen
      Participant

@Ninja-Sec wrote:

you can check this course

CODENAME: Samurai Skills Course

http://ninja-sec.com/index.php/samurai-skills/

This potentially looks interesting… who’s going to bite the bullet and try it so they can write a review for the rest of us?  🙂

dynamik
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

It’s been about 10 weeks since you posted this, but it looks like he now has March up as the next date: http://strategicsec.com/services/training-services/online/

MaXe
      Participant

@dynamik wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

It’s been about 10 weeks since you posted this, but it looks like he now has March up as the next date: http://strategicsec.com/services/training-services/online/

With no current standard in Web Application Security, sooner or later someone must set one. If I believed more in using (a lot) of time making a course, would actually be successful, then I’d probably make one hehe  🙂

There is however one, from Learn Security Online that seems to cover a lot, but I guess that’s being remade at strategisec currently.

T_Bone
      Participant

The course at http://ninja-sec.com/index.php/samurai-skills/ certainly looks interesting. So if anyone is considering taking the course and would be happy to provide a review that would be great 🙂

hayabusa
      Participant

They actually reached out to me, last week, to review the course.  Made arrangements with them, over the weekend, and I’ll be going through the course, starting this week.  I’ll post a running review, as I go through it, and a full review, at the end.

Stay tuned.

T_Bone
      Participant

Cool, I a looking forward to it hayabusa 😉

Anonymous
      Participant

Yah be cool to see what they have to offer.

notsosecure
      Participant

There are a few seats left on the course “The Art of exploiting SQL Injection” at Black hat Las Vegas. More details can be found here:

https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-us-12/training/courses/bh-us-12-training_exploiting-sql-injection.html

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?