Core Security Integrates CORE Impact Pro With Metasploit Project

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dengar13
      Participant
      hayabusa
      Participant

s-w-e-e-t!!!  Nice of them to make it easier to pair the two tools, rather than using results from one to test with the other, by hand, etc…

Thanks for the post!

UNIX
      Participant

Indeed, great news.

unsupported
      Participant

Is this the beginning of a commercial fork for Metasploit?  Or we will see commercially available exploits like Nessus (I think it was Nessus) did?

I also love the disclaimer: “While IMPACT Pro is now integrated with Metasploit, Core Security cannot guarantee the reliability and predictability of Metasploit exploits used in conjunction with its solutions.”

Ketchup
      Participant

So, how about the other way?  An free version of Core Impact integrated with MSF?

hayabusa
      Participant

While I WISH that’d happen, I don’t see it.  (But won’t complain if they ever DO…) 

Sad thing is, they have consulting-based licensing available, which now costs more, quarterly, to purchase, than what Core, themselves, recently announced are charging as a base rate for some scanning engagements…  something like starting rate at $2500…

Their stuff is top notch, and saves so much time, but it’s simply so expensive.  Thus I buy the quarterly license, when I have need for it for certain gigs, and go without for others, when I know I can manage the time to do without it.

Ketchup
      Participant

That’s a great idea actually.  We can’t afford their licensing either, as much as I would love to use their products.  Maybe I will look into the quarterly subscription.  Thanks!

hayabusa
      Participant

No prob, Ketchup!  Note, the consulting licenses are good for only a handful of IP’s at a time, but if you do the data gathering first, you can do 5 IP’s, then 5 more, etc, selecting your most important targets first.  Still saves time and gets the job done!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?