Copyright Infringement

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

As a note to myself to work as hard as I can I just got “Try Harder” tattooed on my wrist! Do you think Offensive Security will sue me for copyright infringement?

shadowzero
      Participant

@S3curityM0nkey wrote:

As a note to myself to work as hard as I can I just got “Try Harder” tattooed on my wrist! Do you think Offensive Security will sue me for copyright infringement?

Pictures or it didn’t happen! 😉

Jamie.R
      Participant

haha Random is the try harder copywritten then ? I dont think they would they may use it as marketing tool

Yet
      Participant

I don’t think so cause it’s just a round up word any body can use it  .

m0wgli
      Participant

@Yet wrote:

You’d be surpised what can be copyrighted. Microsoft has abandonded the Metro name for Windows 8 because of this:

http://www.techspot.com/news/49733-microsoft-to-use-windows-8-as-replacement-for-metro-branding.html

Yet
      Participant

Hmm i though as much, all this happen cause microsoft is a big company if it was unknown company who cares?

@m0wgli wrote:

@Yet wrote:

You’d be surpised what can be copyrighted. Microsoft has abandonded the Metro name for Windows 8 because of this:

http://www.techspot.com/news/49733-microsoft-to-use-windows-8-as-replacement-for-metro-branding.html

S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

@shadowzero wrote:

Pictures or it didn’t happen! 😉

Sorry for the delay… photo was on phone, phone dies… blah blah blah….

RoleReversal
      Participant

That’s a little extreme, but love the dedication 🙂

P.S. I’m purposefully ignoring the potential that could be fake/temporary etc. 😉

Eleven
      Participant

Tattoos are way too permanent for me.  The only tattoo I ever even considered getting was a list of really good infosec books like:

IRACF
      MACAD

Short for “Incident Response And Computer Forensics” and “Malware Analyst’s Cookbook And DVD”, etc.  Then I quickly realized that is WAY too nerdy.

Jamie.R
      Participant

Yah that is a bit OTT.

I am surprised about the Microsoft story. I thought they just done what they liked and when they broke copyrighted stuff they just purchased the company.

dynamik
      Participant

@Eleven wrote:

Tattoos are way too permanent for me.  The only tattoo I ever even considered getting was a list of really good infosec books like:

IRACF
      MACAD

Short for “Incident Response And Computer Forensics” and “Malware Analyst’s Cookbook And DVD”, etc.  Then I quickly realized that is WAY too nerdy.

That’s not nearly nerdy enough. Get QR codes of the books’ URLs, one on each wrist 😉

S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

Not copyrighted but it is Trade Marked…

Try Harder™

Last two words of the course description :

http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-training/penetration-testing-with-backtrack/

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?