Copyright Infringement

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #7771
      S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

      As a note to myself to work as hard as I can I just got “Try Harder” tattooed on my wrist! Do you think Offensive Security will sue me for copyright infringement?

    • #48680
      shadowzero
      Participant

      @S3curityM0nkey wrote:

      As a note to myself to work as hard as I can I just got “Try Harder” tattooed on my wrist! Do you think Offensive Security will sue me for copyright infringement?

      Pictures or it didn’t happen! 😉

    • #48681
      Jamie.R
      Participant

      haha Random is the try harder copywritten then ? I dont think they would they may use it as marketing tool

    • #48682
      Yet
      Participant

      I don’t think so cause it’s just a round up word any body can use it  .

    • #48683
      m0wgli
      Participant

      @Yet wrote:

      I don’t think so cause it’s just a round up word any body can use it  .

      You’d be surpised what can be copyrighted. Microsoft has abandonded the Metro name for Windows 8 because of this:

      http://www.techspot.com/news/49733-microsoft-to-use-windows-8-as-replacement-for-metro-branding.html

    • #48684
      Yet
      Participant

      Hmm i though as much, all this happen cause microsoft is a big company if it was unknown company who cares?

      @m0wgli wrote:

      @Yet wrote:

      I don’t think so cause it’s just a round up word any body can use it  .

      You’d be surpised what can be copyrighted. Microsoft has abandonded the Metro name for Windows 8 because of this:

      http://www.techspot.com/news/49733-microsoft-to-use-windows-8-as-replacement-for-metro-branding.html

    • #48685
      S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

      @shadowzero wrote:

      Pictures or it didn’t happen! 😉

      Sorry for the delay… photo was on phone, phone dies… blah blah blah….

    • #48686
      RoleReversal
      Participant

      That’s a little extreme, but love the dedication 🙂

      P.S. I’m purposefully ignoring the potential that could be fake/temporary etc. 😉

    • #48687
      Eleven
      Participant

      Tattoos are way too permanent for me.  The only tattoo I ever even considered getting was a list of really good infosec books like:

      IRACF
      MACAD

      Short for “Incident Response And Computer Forensics” and “Malware Analyst’s Cookbook And DVD”, etc.  Then I quickly realized that is WAY too nerdy.

    • #48688
      Jamie.R
      Participant

      Yah that is a bit OTT.

      I am surprised about the Microsoft story. I thought they just done what they liked and when they broke copyrighted stuff they just purchased the company.

    • #48689
      dynamik
      Participant

      @Eleven wrote:

      Tattoos are way too permanent for me.  The only tattoo I ever even considered getting was a list of really good infosec books like:

      IRACF
      MACAD

      Short for “Incident Response And Computer Forensics” and “Malware Analyst’s Cookbook And DVD”, etc.  Then I quickly realized that is WAY too nerdy.

      That’s not nearly nerdy enough. Get QR codes of the books’ URLs, one on each wrist 😉

    • #48690
      S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

      Not copyrighted but it is Trade Marked…

      Try Harder™

      Last two words of the course description :

      http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-training/penetration-testing-with-backtrack/

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?