Computer Forensics Associations

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      snortymcsnort
      Participant

Hi, I am interested in getting involved with a professional association that focuses on computer forensics but am not sure which ones are the best for someone trying to get into the field.  I am looking for one that is pretty active,  provides training resources and possibly has regional events.  Is anyone here active in these groups and would recommend getting involved with them?

Thanks

UNIX
      Participant

It might help to tell where are you located, especially when looking for local groups and events. Have you already looked at SANS?

snortymcsnort
      Participant

I am in Tampa, FL.  I sent in an application to the Florida Association of Computer Crime Investigators.  I was wondering about anyone’s experiences with International Information Systems Forensics Association, High Tech Crime Investigation Association and any others that are not specifically for law enforcement. 

Thanks

Ketchup
      Participant

HTCIA is definitely a good organization to be a member of.  You can also consider going after the CCE certification, which is becoming increasing popular.  Their members-only message boards have a good wealth of information, and even engagement leads sometimes. 

snortymcsnort
      Participant

Thanks for the replies.  CCE is on my radar, but I am currently working towards my CHFI.  Also I would like to take the SANS forensic courses but self study is all my budget is going to handle.

veritas_libertas
      Participant

You might consider ISSA. It’s not specifically forensics, but I know members at mine that work specifically in forensics.

https://www.issa.org/

Dengar13
      Participant

I agree with ISSA as well if your budget is limited.  Good resources like v_l said. 

Tampa, huh?  Go Rays!!!  My favorite baseball team because the Pirates are the Pirates.  Liked them since ’03.  ;D

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?