hi

our new  penetration testing course

CODENAME: Samurai Skills Course

check this out

http://ninja-sec.com/

best regards

Anonymous
      Participant

Looks Interesting who are the people behind it ? Most course on security the trainers names are provided but could not see them anywhere on the site. does anyone know ? as I like to do lot research about the people giving the course before I even think about taking a course. 

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

Looks pretty decent, I would also like to know more about this course and the people behind it. I was reading the information on the site, and whoever developed this course has “7 years of ethical hacking experience”.

T_Bone
      Participant

It looks like Hayabusa should be providing us with a review soon 🙂

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,54/topic,8005.msg45931/topicseen,1/#msg45931

hayabusa
      Participant

Yep. I’ll be setting up a fresh VM (not necessary, but my preference) to watch their vids in and read the pdf’s.  Will be reviewing soon!

BillV
      Participant

I’m interested to see what hayabusa has to say about this one.

It’s too shady for me. No information about the authors and no ‘about us’ section. The poor grammar on the site leads me to believe English is not a first language and the course documents would be tough to get through. A domain that was just registered in October (too new) and registered by proxy (poor choice for a business, in my opinion) doesn’t sit well with me either. And they have a ‘testimonials’ section with no testimonials.

I might throw $100 at this one and chance it but there’s no way I’d be giving these guys $750, let alone the $1450 they will be asking for shortly.

Also curious as to whether these guys tried to launch a year prior and it didn’t go so well…
      http://www.zone-h.org/mirror/id/11253985
      http://www.turkblackhats.com/tb//showthread.php?p=7121

That throws the ‘7 years experience’ out the window

tturner
      Participant

Just got access to content as a reviewer and the media files are .exe files. Files were posted to mediafire instead of from the ninja-sec.com domain. Also virustotal detected a trojaned backdoor in the lab setup file i checked but I did not do any in depth analysis myself as today is my first day back in the office after 2 weeks vacation and I’m a little busy. I’m waiting on feedback from course author now and will let folks know what I find out. I’d be wary of this until someone can verify this is legit.

hayabusa
      Participant

I have the files in a dedicated (fully-offlined) VM.  I’m currently awaiting my reg code (the exe’s need a reg code, to go against machine ID, before being usable.)

I’ll let you know more, as soon as I’m given my key, to begin looking at the materials.

tturner
      Participant

OK thanks Hayabusa. Will see what happens as this moves forward and keep you all posted. I’m also doing this from an isolated VM. 🙂

hayabusa
      Participant

Got my codes.  Files are unlocked (and scan clean, for those who asked.)  Will start going through, today.

hayabusa
      Participant

tturner – if you run into an xp crash when trying to view the vids, along with the codec ninja-sec linked us to, you might also need to download the latest ffdshow_beta7 codec.  That fixed the crashes for me.

Anyway, all, will update after I review further.  ;D

tturner
      Participant

So far it looks legit. Perhaps I was a little over cautious. My apologies to the course author.

hayabusa
      Participant

@tturner wrote:

So far it looks legit. Perhaps I was a little over cautious. My apologies to the course author.

I won’t be ‘deep’ into it until this evening (work came first today,) but so far, what little I’d checked, at lunchtime, looks legit, as well.

dynamik
      Participant

With something like this, I’m probably the most concerned about plagiarism. I’m curious how original you find the material to be.

MaXe
      Participant

@tturner wrote:

The reason they’re in a .exe file is because the author wants to protect the course content the best way possible, so he doesn’t lose revenue from the course  🙂 It’s a shame it has to be this way, but looking at so many other course providers with their courseware allover the web, I think that may be the reason he chose a locked down executable.

hayabusa
      Participant

Maxe’s dead on, and I knew as much, when I got the exe’s.  When folks are even bold enough to be illegally swapping muts’ / Offsec’s stuff, you know it’s a fact of life.  Ninja-sec has also, intelligently, watermarked the vids, with the student’s email.

So far, it hasn’t inconvenienced me.

j0rDy
      Participant

sounds interesting, i get the feeling it goes from the basics to pretty deep when i look at the course outline. too bad i want to clear some other stuff first, otherwise i would be giving it a shot!

mohaab
      Participant

review from WEAKERTH4N distro developer

http://weaknetlabs.com/main/?p=977

SephStorm
      Participant

Anyone get any info on the course authors?

hayabusa
      Participant

The About page link is now there, Seph.  Additionally, ninja-sec (formerly mohaab, here) is one of the authors.  I’m in process of reviewing the materials…

Anonymous
      Participant

Yah look forward to a review of this course.

SephStorm
      Participant

I am. 🙂

hayabusa
      Participant

Sorry for delays, folks.  I’m slowly moving through the materials (work commitments and such are tying me up.)

I’m hoping to have some time to compose my thoughts, on Modules 1-9, this weekend.

Cheers!

hayabusa
      Participant

Apologies to all who might’ve been waiting.

Without going into any lengthy detail (in professionalism to Ninja-sec and his company,) I won’t be providing a review of this course, at this time.

Sorry, folks.

T_Bone
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

Apologies to all who might’ve been waiting.

Without going into any lengthy detail (in professionalism to Ninja-sec and his company,) I won’t be providing a review of this course, at this time.

Sorry, folks.

Well this sounds far from good. I was very close to purchasing the course but now I don’t think I will, such a shame though as it looked like it had some good stuff in there

tturner
      Participant

Hayabusa and I have been in discussion on this issue since we were both granted access to the material for review. I am still deciding whether I am comfortable providing feedback on the content but for now am withholding any comments, either good or bad. Sorry folks, I’m sure that’s not the answer you were looking for.

T_Bone
      Participant

That’s fair enough.

mohaab
      Participant

we are fixing and improving it  (Very Very soon )

1 – we will remove all exe restrictions so videos and pdf text books can work on any system ! ( videos and pdf text books will be  ( *.MP4 and *.PDF  and watermarked )

2 – add course index for easy navigation and playing videos

3 – adding audio narration to each video

4 – expand our online penetration testing lab to 20+ Target

5 – no key or password to open videos or pdf text books

6 – adding new videos ( improved )

7 – unlock this thread very soon

thanks

thanks

mohaab
      Participant

topic unlocked and course now updated to version 2

and everything is fixed now ( no more exe protection ) just a watermark and voice added to all videos

actually we made it from scratch

and lab have over 20 target with many different scenarios

and much more !

hayabusa
      Participant

Ninja-sec and I have discussed the changes (look to be much for the better.)  I’m currently reviewing the updated courseware, and will be reviewing on here, for those who’ve been waiting, in the near future, as soon as I’ve completed going through them.

Keep your eyes open for updates.

hayabusa
      Participant

For those who’ve patiently waited, my review is finally available, here:

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,54/topic,8680.0/

(Sorry if it’s long-winded, but hopefully, it’ll give you a good feel for the course.)  😉

SephStorm
      Participant

Thanks for the update and review!

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?