CISSP is the best!!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      blackice2007
      Participant

Trust me CISSP is the best and one of the professional certification in this world. I am doing double masters (MBA-INFOSEC and Master of Science in Security Engineer). Whatever you do in your life, first get a degree then the certificates. I always follow these two girls one is Laura Chappell and the other is Shon Harris.

Dengar13
      Participant

Please don’t take this the wrong way, or me being rude, but what was the point of this post? 

blackice2007
      Participant

Sorry for the confused. My point was CISSP is the best so far but if you don’t have CISSP get a Computer Science degree. It will help you a lot to understand how management and psychology work in IT department. 

chrisgriffin
      Participant

@blackice2007 wrote:

Sorry for the confused. My point was CISSP is the best so far but if you don’t have CISSP get a Computer Science degree. It will help you a lot to understand how management and psychology work in IT department. 

I have my CISSP and I also have others, like some from ISECOM covering the OSSTMM. In fact (disclaimer) I got so into it I am now their US trainer for their certifications working directly for ISECOM.

The CISSP in my experience is really only good for the paper compliance side of things. The OPST is for actually testing and the test is hands on, you actually work the problems to come up with the answer not just pick from a list. In fact, the OPST and OPSA certs are a part of the Masters in security program at La Salle University in Barcelona Spain.

Im not saying the CISSP has no value, But its quickly becoming one of those that anyone that studys can go pass. And no, the time in the industry requirements dont make a difference, you can be “creative” and they will still accept it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?