Chinese

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      IamHe
      Participant

Seeing as China may be our biggest cyber threat, do you think studying it along with computer security in college will increase the chances of getting a good government job?

Either way, I’m going to study it.. just because people say its very challenging.. and because I’m a big fan of the culture.. and tea.

Herro!

rattis
      Participant

I know the local university (Eastern Michigan University) as an Information Assurance program right now. They’re department head (over CS too) is claiming that the IA graduates (even with a BS) are getting 99% job placement, mostly with the government.

I don’t know if the trend will continue, but I think a person to be good at security has to have had time in the trenches working on the products in question.

dynamik
      Participant

Check out: http://www.chineseclass101.com/

I use the Japanese equivalent for my studies. These are short, daily podcasts that teach you the language. You can pay a nominal fee to get access to the learning center and do flash cards and a lot of other interactive study tools. Innovative Language has a lot of other languages too.

A25414N
      Participant

nice info man..

exit popup
      Participant

linguists are always in demand. Don’t rule out Arabic in your equation. “good” and “government job” seems an oxymoron though.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?