Chinese Android Malware in AllWinner, RockChip & WonderMedia

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ChrisP65 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
     ChrisP65 
    Participant

Hello Ethical Hackers,

I have a cheap Android device (WonderMedia) and found this document:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/2hm1gajar3hji1n/Malicious_Activities_of_Chinese_Tablets.pdf

Originally posted here: http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=9121.0

The document explains that many Chinese tablets come with preloaded malware, the document tells us how that malicious system works.

The document also tells us about espionage but I don’t fully understand everything and I end up with more questions and worries after reading this document.

Anyone up to tell me short and simple what this all means?

The way I read it, many Android Firmware SDK’s are infected by this trojan, AllWinner, RockChip and WonderMedia seem affected by this. Causing many Chinese manufacturers to spread trojan infected firmware.

Thanks to anyone explaining more about this in advance!

Chris

ChrisP65 
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Is there anybody here that can tell more about botnets like this cloudsota.com ???

If so, please share your information!

The writer of the article says that GoDaddy AND Linode ignore takedown requests for cloudsota, though it’s OBVIOUSLY a malicious domain, I personally have seen most malicious websites and botnets registered by GoDaddy, they seem to have a reputation of ignoring such dangers.

ChrisP65 
    Participant

If anyone is able to tell more about this, please share your information, I’m curious about the eventual goal this malware has, it has to be more than just ads …

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?