Certified Ethical Hacker – PASSED

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      cortexprime
      Participant

I’m pretty much a lurker here on the boards, but had to share this with the community. (Besides, my non-tech family and friends don’t have the appreciation for what this exam means. Hehe.)

I passed the exam!!! Woohoo!!

It was definately all over the place in subject matter, but I used the iLearn training deal (which provided me a new netbook!) and it was key in getting me prepared. I highly reccomend it!

cortexprime
      Participant

I should mention that the DVDs were priceless. The streaming lessons were cool, but it was nice to be able to play the DVDs anywhere, especially in places without wifi access. Once again, highly reccomended.

COm_BOY
      Participant

@cortexprime wrote:

. (Besides, my non-tech family and friends don’t have the appreciation for what this exam means. Hehe.)

I completely understand 😀 . Congrats on your pass , I am gona receive my copy of ESCA/LPT Training Vids by Career Academy , lets see….

Xen
      Participant

Congrats! 🙂

hayabusa
      Participant

congrats!  ;D

morpheus063
      Participant

Congrats cortexprime. Let this be the beginning of your certification and learning journey.

All the best for your future endeavors.

j0rDy
      Participant

congrats and welcome to the club  8)

zeroflaw
      Participant

Congrats!

impelse
      Participant

Congrats.

How much exp did you have or you just begin?

cortexprime
      Participant

@impelse wrote:

Congrats.

How much exp did you have or you just begin?

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!

I’ve been in primarily support and sys admin-level stuff until about 3 years ago where I got a break and snagged a position in the security dept. TBH, the 90% of the training is stuff I’ve never heard of or touched, so the benefit is bringing back a lot of info. The downside is knowing little of it would be implemented.
      I’ll probably be here awhile, but wanted the training for both knowledge and to make myself more marketable should the need to jump ship ever arrive. (Being an internal hire, I’m pretty much on the bottom of the pay-scale for this line of work.)

Anonymous
      Participant

Congratulations my friend!

taking the CEH cert exam probably by the end of June. hopefully will end up well…

yatz
      Participant

Congratulations!  It’s always a great feeling passing a cert. 

BillV
      Participant

Nice work! Did you use anything else to prepare for the exam other than iLearn or did you feel iLearn adequately prepared you to pass the test?

cortexprime
      Participant

@Hordakk wrote:

Congratulations my friend!

taking the CEH cert exam probably by the end of June. hopefully will end up well…

Good luck! Best I think I can suggest without violating anything is, know your tools!

cortexprime
      Participant
      BillV wrote:
      Nice work! Did you use anything else to prepare for the exam other than iLearn or did you feel iLearn adequately prepared you to pass the test?
      [/quote

No, iLearn pretty much covered all bases and a lot more.

kriscamaro68
      Participant

@cortexprime wrote:

I’m pretty much a lurker here on the boards, but had to share this with the community. (Besides, my non-tech family and friends don’t have the appreciation for what this exam means. Hehe.)

I passed the exam!!! Woohoo!!

It was definately all over the place in subject matter, but I used the iLearn training deal (which provided me a new netbook!) and it was key in getting me prepared. I highly reccomend it!

How up to date is the material that you studied and also how up to date is the test? Congrats by the way great job!

Kadabra
      Participant

I have take the exam today and now I’m a CEH!  ;D
      Score 94%
      I’m really happy!!!

Xen
      Participant

w00t! Congrats ;D
      Did you attend any training class or went the self study route? Sharing your experience will help other members.

Kadabra
      Participant

thanx!
      i’ve attended training class last october and then i’ve studied on the official books and on pass4sure.I think that pass4sure was the most powerful resource that I have used.

(sorry for my english)

@Equix3n- wrote:

w00t! Congrats ;D
      Did you attend any training class or went the self study route? Sharing your experience will help other members.

cortexprime
      Participant

Forgive me, as I’m not trying to call you out or anything, so please correct me if I’m wrong. But I just looked at pass4sure and it has the appearance of a braindump/testdump site. Am I wrong on that?

Kadabra
      Participant

@cortexprime wrote:

Forgive me, as I’m not trying to call you out or anything, so please correct me if I’m wrong. But I just looked at pass4sure and it has the appearance of a braindump/testdump site. Am I wrong on that?

I’ve not understand all that you say..my english is not very well..I can tell you that pass4sure is like testking, prologic and similar.
      I hope that I answer to your question

Dengar13
      Participant

@Kadabra wrote:

I’ve not understand all that you say..my english is not very well..I can tell you that pass4sure is like testking, prologic and similar.
      I hope that I answer to your question

So you used braindumps to pass the exam?

yatz
      Participant

Braindumps are practice questions that are identical or nearly identical to actual exam questions.  They are often stolen or copied from memory by those who took the exams.

For more info, check out http://www.certguard.com/braindumps.asp

Testking I KNOW is a braindump.  Testking got sued and instead of giving up they moved overseas.  Pass4sure no longer has Microsoft tests so my guess is they got sued too.

If you took the test and found many of the questions were identical, then you used a braindump.

UNIX
      Participant

Congrats on passing, cortexprime. 😉

Any plans which one to achieve next?

cortexprime
      Participant

@awesec wrote:

Congrats on passing, cortexprime. 😉

Any plans which one to achieve next?

Thanks! Actually I’m kind of at a crossroads. Part of me wants to go back to my Linux homestead and take the RHCE, (I didn’t do so hot last time.) Another part thinks I should add to the business card title and go for the CISSP. Any suggestions?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?