Certification plans for 2015?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  derebaker 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
     KrisTeason 
    Participant

This year sure sped by. Has everyone achieved their certification goals for 2014?

What are your plans for 2015?

Old thread: Certification plans for 2014?

impelse 
    Participant

I know that this is for 2015 but I really need to pass CISSP before 2014 ends!!!!!!

xMalachi 
    Participant

I will be attempting the CISSP before the year ends as well hopefully. My goals for 2015 are below:

-VCP
    -Complete eLearnSecurity Student Course
    -Enroll in Bachelor’s program
    -Learn some python

lucif3r 
    Participant

I have already enrolled in elearnSecurity’s PWD course and have to complete it ASAP. I am also planning to do OSCP mid next year.

rattis 
    Participant

Well, I said last year that my goal was my degree. I’m graduating in 4 weeks with a Bachelor of Information Assurance. So I guess I met my goal. If I get converted from contractor to employee (which my management is trying to do), I’ve been told I need to take some SANS Courses.

Cert plans for next year (out of pocket):
    CISSP
    Locksmith cert.

Maybes:
    OSCP, CNW[AP]

SANS (If work pays):
    GPPA or GNFA

And hoping I can start a Masters Program in the fall, but I haven’t decided on what one yet.

wow, I seem to be shooting for the stars

impelse 
    Participant

Ok, after my CISSP – I have to pass it.

OSCP – Got the latest training, I need to concentrate and sit for the exam, any way 24 hours straight, LOL
    MCSE – My supervisor keep asking me for this.

unicityd 
    Participant

I’m doing EnCase training in 2015 and am going to try to schedule Forensics I, II and the EnCe review so that I can test for the EnCe before the end of the year. I’m also trying to finish my master’s degree. I’m not sure if I’ll graduate in 2015 or 2016; it depends.

rattis: Congrats on the degree!

rattis 
    Participant

unicityd, thanks.

SephStorm 
    Participant

If I remember correctly my plans for 2014 included the CCNA Security and the GCIH. I completed the GCIH which was a great accomplishment. The CCNA Security is no longer on my radar for a number of reasons.

I also plan to attain the GPEN certification by the end of this year, but it could be tight. I may have to put it on the list for 2015. If I feel like I can do it I may attempt the OSCP next year.

veritas_libertas 
    Participant

I completed the GCIH in the Spring and did study Python like I planned. I have to get the GPEN certification finished early next year and then I’m going to circle around to studying Python and C. Other than that, I’m planning to purchase some computer hardware and put together a pen testing lab ๐Ÿ˜‰

@rattis: Congratz on finishing your degree!

alucian 
    Participant

2014 : GPEN, GSEC, GCIA, GSE written

2015 : GSE, ARES, and … OSCP (I did the training in 2011 but I never sat for the exam ๐Ÿ˜€ )

If I will have enough money, and motivation … maybe one of the recon.cx trainings

JohnE 
    Participant

Well, just signed up for the SANS FOR408 OnDemand course. Material should arrive next week, and possibly doing GCFE certification around May.

Also paid for the upgrade PWB 3 to PWK course material, as I also didn’t do the exam. Will look at that after the SANS course, and probably buy some lab time.

SephStorm 
    Participant

John, would love to hear your FOR408 opinions.

Alucian, how did you like the GSE Written? Can you tell us anything about it?

ronin 
    Participant

My main focus right now is Networking as it pertains with my job duties, but this will shift in April to Security.

JNCIA
    NRS II
    CISSP
    GSEC
    CEH

impelse 
    Participant

I completed the CISSP three days before the 2014 ended, now, working with OSCP.

DelimitingCharacter 
    Participant

CCNA (Almost finished)
    CCNA Sec
    CCNP Sec
    Net +
    Sec +
    Linux +

I dont know how long all those will take.

Thinking about doing a foreign language and bachelors or something at a college?

I forgot to add…

Anyone ever interested (don’t know the specific name) in those courses (not computer related) on how to bug-out or disappear if your being chased looked for… disappear course. I’m sure for this type of career those skills are useful. Even if your doing it the legal way.

yasmenadel 
    Participant

As i’m new to information security but after 9 years as a network &security administration , i plan for:
    ECSA
    LPT
    Elearing security PTS3
    CISSP

saskiller 
    Participant

Well I guess i’m late to the party but I will be taking FOR610 in July/August with a review to be posted here. If everything works out I think I may take the GREM.

After that I am looking at going back and challenging GSEC. 2016 i’m seriously thinking that college and the GSE will be goals that may be realistic.

markjohnson 
    Participant

I enrolled into EH Academy to get certifications, I know all about hacking but without certifications from some good academy these HR Idiots doesn’t pay well. I Will suggest this academy to anyone who wants to learn hacking http://academy.ehacking.net/

veritas_libertas 
    Participant

@veritas_libertas wrote:

I completed the GCIH in the Spring and did study Python like I planned. I have to get the GPEN certification finished early next year and then I’m going to circle around to studying Python and C. Other than that, I’m planning to purchase some computer hardware and put together a pen testing lab ๐Ÿ˜‰

@rattis: Congratz on finishing your degree!

Finished the GPEN as well as the eJPT exam. I’ve fallen in love with Pen Testing. I’m currently studying for the eCPPT and hoping to finish it by the end of the year. Still need to dig some more into Python and C. Ah well, it’s inevitable that I will get into them more one way or another.

markjohnson 
    Participant

Done with my VoIP Hacking and Penetration Testing Certification from EH Academy – http://academy.ehacking.net/courses/voip-hacking-penetration-testing-training .

Planning to start Wireless Hacking Program from same academy. ๐Ÿ˜€

rattis 
    Participant

So I didn’t hit any of the below. I ended up starting the Grad school in Spring, and got a new job in July. The people I’m working for just paid for my GCIH exam Friday, so I’m studying for that on my own. They’re paying the test fee, not the class. They feel based on my current knowledge level and working as a CIRT analyst I should be able to pass it with only a little self study.

@rattis wrote:

Well, I said last year that my goal was my degree. I’m graduating in 4 weeks with a Bachelor of Information Assurance. So I guess I met my goal. If I get converted from contractor to employee (which my management is trying to do), I’ve been told I need to take some SANS Courses.

Cert plans for next year (out of pocket):
    CISSP
    Locksmith cert.

Maybes:
    OSCP, CNW[AP]

SANS (If work pays):
    GPPA or GNFA

And hoping I can start a Masters Program in the fall, but I haven’t decided on what one yet.

wow, I seem to be shooting for the stars

derebaker 
    Participant

Has anyone done this certification before?

My Company is paying for the class, which is one of the first in a long list.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ยฉ2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?