CEH Welcome Kit

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Dengar13
      Participant

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Welcome Kit in the mail?  I can’t wait to get it!!!  ;D

ehadsell
      Participant

I’m in a similar situation.  I passed CEH October 18th.  The EC-Council site lists 6-8 weeks.  I’m getting close to 8 weeks and nothing yet.

When did you take the CEH?

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

I sent an email to my contacts at EC-Council to see what is their average time to get out the Welcome Kits and have yet to hear anything.

I’ll keep you posted,
      Don

Dengar13
      Participant

I took mine October 28th.

Thanks, Don!  I do appreciiate you doing that for us.

The CEH is a reason I got my new job!  ;D

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

ehadsell,

I got a response from EC-Council, and they simply reiterated ‘4 – 8 weeks upon passing the exam.’ Your post reads that it’s almost 8 weeks. Let me know when it passes that time frame, and I’ll press for more info.

Dengar13,

You mention:

The CEH is a reason I got my new job!

Could you elaborate? I’m curious.

Don

tmartin
      Participant

Let us know what’s in the kit.

I hope it’s better in that the CISSP kit.

Dengar13
      Participant

@don wrote:

ehadsell,

I got a response from EC-Council, and they simply reiterated ‘4 – 8 weeks upon passing the exam.’ Your post reads that it’s almost 8 weeks. Let me know when it passes that time frame, and I’ll press for more info.

Dengar13,

You mention:

The CEH is a reason I got my new job!

Could you elaborate? I’m curious.

The certification made me stand out among other candidates.  My CEO had heard of this cert but not the two intviewers.  This peeked my inteviewers interest and I had explained what the CEH was.  My company is heading into the arena of pen testing and other network vulnerability testing.  Habving certifications helps companies get contracts etc.

Don

ehadsell
      Participant

I recieved my CEH welcome kit today.  It includes a big bumper sticker, bootable linux mini-CD (about the size of a business card), and a nice certificate..all in a EC-Council folder. 

Overall, more goodies than other certs I’ve gotten including CISSP.

oyle
      Participant

I passed my CEH 12-10-04; didn’t get my welcome kit until May 05, after quite a few emails and a couple of phone calls.

I later inquired about an extra bumper sticker, they sent me an extra sticker, playing cards, and t-shirt, all free. Argh, finally.
      Still can’t find any work doing this stuff.

>:(

Dengar13
      Participant

@Oyle wrote:

I passed my CEH 12-10-04; didn’t get my welcome kit until May 05, after quite a few emails and a couple of phone calls.

I later inquired about an extra bumper sticker, they sent me an extra sticker, playing cards, and t-shirt, all free. Argh, finally.
      Still can’t find any work doing this stuff.

>:(

I am beginning to think I will never get mine either.  I want to get all that free stuff too!  Maybe I will have to bug the hell out of them.  Have you had any interviews lately and where are you from?

oyle
      Participant

EC council says they’re based out of New York. But when I thought I was purchasing a test voucher off the ec-council website, I mistakenly purchased the courseware I got when I did the class. I purchased (by mistake) the two looseleaf folders, courseware text (shrinkwrapped), paperback book oriented towards NT4 that my instructor said was useless, the notepad, the pen, and the Knoppix disk and class-related software. My mistake, but it shipped to me from Malaysia. Checked what it would cost to ship it back to Malaysia, it would have cost almost what it cost me to purchase it in the first place. (Never opened it or broke any seals on it) So I put it up on eBay and some guy in Texas bought it. EVERYTHING EC-council ships seems to come from that area (Malaysia, Indonesia). Of course they have offices in India.

Actually, it’s NOT a bumper sticker, it’s a window clingy. I have it on my back windshield. My license plate reads “W2K MCSE”. I have a bumper sticker that reads “31337 H4X0R”. You’ll know who I am.

The free stuff they sent me (round playing cards, extra bumper stickers, t-shirt) came from Singapore area. Don’t know why, but I think the guy I was emailing with about getting my certificate remembered me from my bitching, and sent me the stuff free to shut me up. All the t-shirt is is the CEH logo over the right-hand side, and “EC-Council” on the left side. Other than that, it’s a white t-shirt.

I passed my exam on 12-10-04, my 3rd attempt on the exam. I’m NOT a programmer. Passed with 73%; my 1st time on exam, I got 65%. Argh.

I am from NE Ohio. Cleveland area. How come when ever I mention the CEH (in an interview, etc.) I get laughs and a smile and a giggle? Is the CEH funny or something? Does anyone else get laughs and giggles?

oyle
      Participant

Couple of interviews recently, not much to speak of. mostly temp agencies. I did do an exam last week for Cuyahoga County (Ohio) Board of Commisioners “Dept. of Seniors and Adult Services”; they have an opening for an Admin. Test was 9 page word doc; Hardest math question was of type “Train A leaves Chicago for Boston at 9am CST. Train B leaves Boston for Chicago at 10am EST. 1100 miles between BOS and CHI. When (EST) do two trains cross?”
      Only hour and half allotted for test; I guesstimated and put down 11:30EST. Guy in front of me put down 7pm!!! Wrong.

Several questions on Netware, NLMs, etc. I’m mostly Microsoft, answered as best I could. I think I did preety good. There were only two other guys taking the test the same time I was, but I think they had other testing sessions. They advised us it would be about two months or so until a final decision was made, but we would be called back (depending on test results) for an interview with a panel( I HATE those; three of them against you), and an interview with the hiring manager; but they said after you are accepted, you can figure on being there until you retire. Or if you f*** up really bad, or something.

WHY is the CEH so funny?

BTW, I belong to local InfraGard chapter, created by Cleveland office of the FBI. At the last quarterly meeting I attended (Sept.04??) they advised that one reason it may be harder for companies to hire someone like us (A CEH) is because it’s cheaper for them to pay ransom to get their data back. There was a little buzz last year about a virus that was going around that, if your company was hit by it, it would encypt a companies’ data, and then send a email offering their data back for a ransom of around $250.00, by credit card of course. Supposedly the companies felt that was a cheaper option then bringing in a CEH to make sure it doesn’t happen again. I also get the feeling that companies see us as a threat to their systems. Maybe we shouldn’t broadcast the fact that we’re a CEH until after they hire us…????

OylE.
      ::)

Dengar13
      Participant

Still haven’t received mine yet… :'(

oyle
      Participant

Oooops, I did make one mistake in my previous posting. They dated my certificate MARCH 5, 2005. I passed my exam 12-10-04. So what, that’s [almost exactly] 3 months. 3 long, agonizing months. Sorry you haven’t gotten yours yet. I don’t know WHY it takes as long as it does. it seems to take them almost 3 months; give them at least that long. It’s only a few more days until it’s 3 months for you, anyway. Let’s see, that would be for you, Jan. 28. Be here before you know it.

Join me together now, for a rousing round: 1,2,3, ARGH!!!!!

If you want, I can scan my certificate in and post it here so you can see what it looks like.

😀

Dengar13
      Participant

Still waiting….

🙁

oyle
      Participant

Still?? I woulda thought you woulda had it by now. You gotta ge on their case about it now. It;s over 3 months, now, right?
      that’s what i don’t like about ec-council; they seem to be intimatly linked witrh their division in India, and that makes everything slow down exponentially.

Are you sure you passed the exam? ;D

Dengar13
      Participant

@Oyle wrote:

Still?? I woulda thought you woulda had it by now. You gotta ge on their case about it now. It;s over 3 months, now, right?
      that’s what i don’t like about ec-council; they seem to be intimatly linked witrh their division in India, and that makes everything slow down exponentially.

Are you sure you passed the exam? ;D

Am I sure I passed?  I think so!  I am starting to wonder.  ;D
      It has been a little over three months now.  🙁

I guess I have to make some calls and see what’s up, but the Supoer Bowl is on today and my Steelers are playing so I will worry about that until tomorrow.  I have the test center paper for now but that kit seems pretty cool.  I bet I will get my MS certs before I get my CEH and I passed the MS ones a few weeks ago.

oyle
      Participant

Yeah, probably. MS is just a little bigger than ec-council.
      I wish I could remember the guy’s name I emailed back and forth with, but he was Indian, and I make it a point not to get too involved with them people. I wish they would not even get involved with IT matters in the first place. They must really work cheap for them to be involved in as many companies as they are. But his name is on the ec-council website under the “certification questions” heading; that’s what he’s there for.
      I hope you get it soon. Let me know what they put for a date on your certificate; Like I said, I passed my exam 12-10-04; they dated my certificate March 5 05; kinda lost some time there, although it doesn’t matter anymore.

Kinda gives you the impression they put all this certification business on the back burner and they get around to taking care of this stuff when they have time, no? I mean, how busy can they BE every day that they cn’t be a little more vigilant on this? gee whiz. I don’t know how much the exam cost you, but I paid $250.00 a pop for the exam. And I passed on my third time. They sent me a letter with my certificate after the three months congratulating me, but did they thank me for the $750.00??? Nope. I mean, geez, at least MS gives you a little recognition and support, with the Microsoft Certified Professional MCP website.
      Bash MS all you want, but they are there with the support. You got a problemo or a question, they usually already have an answer. MS makes mistakes, but they LEARN from them, as they should.

I still LOVE Microsoft. Am I crazy? You can call me crazy if you want. It’s up to you. 😉 

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Say what you want about EC-Council, their poor customer service, the lack of a Welcome Kit, or the problems you have with 1 individual, but come on. I hate to sound like the ‘Politically Correct Police’ but let’s ease up on the Indian population. I know if you had the knowledge to handle a job and could underbid an opposing company, you’d do it to get the business regardless of whether you live in India or the US. That’s the tough part of being in a global community but also the best part of a free market economy. I sa bring on the competition. It makes us all better.

I believe in free speech, so I’m not going to edit your post. But I also have the right to ask you to open your mind. I hope that doesn’t make you leave the community we’re building here, but if it does, I’m willing to take that risk.

Don

Yuriy
      Participant

Hi,
      I passed CEH v4 last Friday, 2/3. Do I suppose to get any kind of confirmation email, or I just have to wait for the Welcome kit?

oyle
      Participant

Siddown and wait. We got people here waiting for their welcome kit for over 3 months now. I passed mine (ver. 3.0) 12-10-04, didn’t get my Welcome kit until Mar 05.  You gotta wait, too….. :-[

Did you do the class? Did it cover the “Mary Had a Little lamb” formula? My class did not.

Yuriy
      Participant

No, I did not go to the class.

I understand that welcome kit takes time t arrive.
      But do you get any email after you passed?

oyle
      Participant

No, this is not Microsoft. I did not get any email from them after I passed. It took me almost 3 months to get my Welcome kit, and Dengar is still waiting for his. It’s been longer than 3 months for him.

Welcome Kit consists of a letter of congratulations from ECCouncil, certificate of course, CEH bumper sticker which is not actually a bumper sticker, instead it is a window clingy; it sticks to the inside of your back windshield (or your front windshield I guess, but that might be a little distracting while you’re driving) and a Buisness-Card CD size of CEH Bootable Linux.

Dengar13
      Participant

Don,  can you contact your guy there please?  I have sent an e-mail to two different people days ago and have yet to hear a thing.  I have my results, but my employer wants to see the actual cert.  Thanks.

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

I actually emailed him yesterday asking him to read this topic. I’ll keep you posted.

Don

Dengar13
      Participant

@don wrote:

I actually emailed him yesterday asking him to read this topic. I’ll keep you posted.

Don

Thanks Don!  You’re the best!  ;D

Dengar13
      Participant

I did get my MS cert the other day (MCSE:  Messaging) and am still waitng for the other one from MS.  That is funny!  I saw what the CEH cert looks like and it is cool looking.

Dengar13
      Participant

Got a reply back from EC-Council.  They did not have my records on tap.  I had to send them my exam date, certification number, and contact number.  They said they are going to ship it no later than next week.  Communication is the key to success!

Dengar13
      Participant

I finally got it and it is very nice!  Sometimes all it takes is patience and communication.  Swell!  ;D

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

FYI – I got my welcome kit from EC-Coundil for CEH.

It took 2 months after passing the exam, and (I’ll admit) I used my contacts to push it through. If I didn’t, I was afraid I would be like Dengar and wait 2 – 3 times as long.

I’ll try again to let them know how this little thing could really make a big difference in how members of what is now their own community view them.

Don

oyle
      Participant

So was it worth the wait??
      Huh, 2 months; looks like they’re improving!  ;D Maybe in another year or so, they’ll have it down to ONE month! Wouldn’t THAT be keen.

Negrita
      Participant

Well I e-mailed EC-Council about access to the certification portal but I also added a remark about the amount of time it takes to receive the welcome kit, and asked if there was any way for me to track the progress of the kit or any way to make the process more efficient. I even added a link to this thread in my e-mail.

In the reply I got, I was told that they are aware of the problems, and they are acting to solve them, hopefully in the near future.

oyle
      Participant

I wish they would let us use the new CNDA title, in addition to the CEH.  The two coursewares are identical, but I doon’t want to have to take another test on the same material just to be able to use the new title. I don’t have the $$$ for the new test, anyway. Besides, where I did the CEH test does not offer it anymore. Last time I checked, there were only 4 sites in Ohio that offered it; closest to me was in Strongsville at a school I absolutely DESPISE and do not wnt to give them a penny.
      Everyone knows, when you do an exam at either Prometric or Vue, the testing site gets a little cut of the exam fee.

So, you don’t suppose EC-council would mind if I just used the CNDA anyway? I don’t want to get in trouble with them or anything, but I think I should be allowed to. >:(

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Hey Oyle,

A little off topic, but I’d be interested to see this as a new thread.

Don

Negrita
      Participant

I got e-mailed today saying that they’re already sending my kit to me this week. this must be some kind of record for them.  😉

It would appear that they’re actually worried about their inefficiency being discissed publicly.

amol
      Participant

@Dengar13 wrote:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Welcome Kit in the mail?  I can’t wait to get it!!!   ;D

Can someone tells me CEh welcome kit contains what?
      and any tollfree no of helpline fro ECCOUNSIL

unsupported
      Participant

@amol wrote:

@Dengar13 wrote:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Welcome Kit in the mail?  I can’t wait to get it!!!   ;D

Can someone tells me CEh welcome kit contains what?
      and any tollfree no of helpline fro ECCOUNSIL

amol,

First, welcome to EH-Net!  Second, congrats on passing the CEH if that is why you are asking about the welcome kit.  Third, the kit contains a welcome letter with your portal account information, the CEH certificate, and a window cling which says (edit) C|EH Certified Ethical hacker.  Defend your Network Against Hackers.  Master the Hacking Technologies.”.  Fourth and last, in the future it would probably be better if you started a new thread to ask a question, rather than digging up a year old thread.

BillV
      Participant
Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?