C|EH self study !!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      rebrov
      Participant

i’ve been studying CEH for while and i took a course in it , and i have already 2 years experience in security field as they say ,,, but i want to know that if i requested the voucher code with just the 2 years security experience ,, would they agree to gimme the voucher or ,, should i be certified in CCNA , MCSE , and more like some one told me !!! ?

hayabusa
      Participant

I would like to think they’d allow it, based on some other folks I’ve seen, who have their C|EH, and really couldn’t have the experience to have it, based on discussions I’ve had with them.  But I can’t speak for EC.  Perhaps BillV can give you more info, with his connections there.

rebrov
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

I would like to think they’d allow it, based on some other folks I’ve seen, who have their C|EH, and really couldn’t have the experience to have it, based on discussions I’ve had with them.  But I can’t speak for EC.  Perhaps BillV can give you more info, with his connections there.

Thanks Hayabusa 🙂

hayabusa
      Participant

You’re welcome!  Make sure, when you get an answer, that you let everyone else know, if someone else ever has the same question.  😉

BillV
      Participant

They would likely grant you the voucher. I believe their may be a fee for this now.

Solinus
      Participant

There is a fee. If you choose self study there is a non-refundable $100 application fee. This is only if you do not use an authorized course. For instance, I chose the Career Academy Self Study package and since it is authorized I have the exam code yet it was still a self study package, best of both worlds.

SephStorm
      Participant

So do they still request an experience verification at all?

lorddicranius
      Participant

@SephStorm wrote:

So do they still request an experience verification at all?

Yep, had to get my manager to write a letter verifying security experience on company letterhead.

SephStorm
      Participant

sounds like a racket to me. 🙂 I just wish I could find someone I could get to test it…  8)

lorddicranius
      Participant

@SephStorm wrote:

sounds like a racket to me. 🙂 I just wish I could find someone I could get to test it…  8)

I went through the whole self study route about a month ago.  I submitted my info to them via their website and they got back to me about everything they’d need.  I had to choose the cert exam I wanted to take (v6 or v7), prove I had at least 2yrs security experience (proven by a letter written by my boss who I’ve worked for for over 3yrs now), pay a $100 fee because I chose the self study route (as Solinus said, if you pay for the authorized course, you don’t pay the $100 fee), send a copy of photo ID, then they get back to you with a voucher code that you apply when you sign up through Pearson Vue or whoever you’re taking the exam through.  Without the voucher code from EC-Council, you aren’t able to buy the exam voucher.

I typed this up real quick as I gotta head out…I hope I covered everything haha

BillV
      Participant

The only difference now is that the v6 exam is no longer available. The exam is $500. And selecting self-study will, as mentioned, require an additional $100 application fee.

SephStorm
      Participant

mmm. my question is, do they just accept this letter at face value.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?