- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 6 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
I passed the Comptia Security+ this month and am currently studying for the GCIH exam ( thank you SANS for the facilitator position! 🙂 ) The material covered in the course looks to be very similar to the CEH exam and decided i might as well go for that aswell afterwards. My questions is which would be more relevant out of CEH or LPT? It looks like the LPT is in more depth and was wondering how much more difficult it is?
As far as I know you have to do CEH and ECSA anyway, before you can go for LPT. Therefore I assume that LPT is more advanced than CEH.
You’ll find that most of the ‘ethical hacking’ type certifications are all very similar… whether it’s GCIH, CEH, OSCP, CPTS, GPEN, LPT etc.
There’s only so much information they can put into that type of course. The CEH is an introductory course and will run you through the basics and throw a whole bunch of tools at you. The ECSA builds on that a bit and actually focuses on specific tools. The LPT brings in the EC-Council methodology and business aspect – much like the GPEN.
And yes, you must obtain CEH and then ECSA prior to applying for the LPT.
I’ll echo BillyV’s comment regarding the CEH and tools. I did the version 5 of the course and was quite let down by the emphasis on the tools rather than the methodology and techniques. I hope that this has changed in later revision of the course.
I also passed the Security + recently and although i’m currently working on a CCNA I think the GCIH looks like an interesting option for next year.
thanks, i think i will stick to the GCIH and head towards the GPEN as it will probably be more worthwhile.
– EH-Net Live! Thurs Oct 29 @ 1:00 PM US ET. Details Coming Soon!
– EH-Net Live! Sept – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Android Hacking Proving Ground!” w/ Kyle Benac from Sept 24.
– EH-Net Live! Aug – Video & Deck Available Now! for “TryHackMe – Behind the Curtain” w/ Ben Spring and Ashu Savani from Aug 27.
– EH-Net Live! June – Video & Deck Available Now! for “CISO Underrepresented” w/ Mark Arnold and Steph Ihezukwu from June 30.
– EH-Net Live! May – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics” w/ Jake Williams from May 28.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.