CEH or LPT

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      T_Bone
      Participant

Hi Guys

I passed the Comptia Security+ this month and am currently studying for the GCIH exam ( thank you SANS for the facilitator position! 🙂 ) The material covered in the course looks to be very similar to the CEH exam and decided i might as well go for that aswell afterwards.  My questions is which would be more relevant out of CEH or LPT? It looks like the LPT is in more depth and was wondering how much more difficult it is?

Cheers

UNIX
      Participant

As far as I know you have to do CEH and ECSA anyway, before you can go for LPT. Therefore I assume that LPT is more advanced than CEH.

UNIX
      Participant

Here you can find the requirements for LPT on EC-Council’s website.

BillV
      Participant

You’ll find that most of the ‘ethical hacking’ type certifications are all very similar… whether it’s GCIH, CEH, OSCP, CPTS, GPEN, LPT etc.

There’s only so much information they can put into that type of course. The CEH is an introductory course and will run you through the basics and throw a whole bunch of tools at you. The ECSA builds on that a bit and actually focuses on specific tools. The LPT brings in the EC-Council methodology and business aspect – much like the GPEN.

And yes, you must obtain CEH and then ECSA prior to applying for the LPT.

BillV

SynJunkie
      Participant

I’ll echo BillyV’s comment regarding the CEH and tools.  I did the version 5 of the course and was quite let down by the emphasis on the tools rather than the methodology and techniques.  I hope that this has changed in later revision of the course.

I also passed the Security + recently and although i’m currently working on a CCNA I think the GCIH looks like an interesting option for next year.

Good luck.

T_Bone
      Participant

thanks, i think i will stick to the GCIH and head towards the GPEN as it will probably be more worthwhile. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?