CEH-No longer requires 2 years of relevant work experience?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      crk
      Participant

After doing a little searching today I read on a different forum that ECC no longer requires self-studying applicants to have 2 years of relevant experience before signing up to sit the exam and that if you register at a VUE testing center you won’t have to give them an ECC registration code.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I’m sure it would help a lot of people out if it turned out to be true.

BillV
      Participant

Can you provide a link to the other forum where you found this?

crk
      Participant
      BillV
      Participant

Well, first, that post is 2.5 years old… second, it only says that you don’t have to take the class, if you have the 2 years experience…

Like the last post in that thread mentions though, just fill out the application and provide whatever amount of details as you can.

If you’ve found the other thread in these forums that lists some suggestions, you’ll see that it’s highly recommended you include letters of recommendation as well as a statement as to why you want to take the CEH exam. Your application will be reviewed (and in most cases) accepted.

I’m pretty sure that 2 years of experience is still recommended/required, but as you’ve seen, it can be waived.

BillV

BillV
      Participant
      carboncopy
      Participant

Took the test in February and the 2 years exp. were still required.

Ignatius
      Participant

As a newcomer, I have a question about the chicken and egg situation:

How do you get the job or experience without the qualification if you can’t get the qualification without the experience?

I’m in a “do it yourself” situation and would like nothing more than to get into a security/pen testing job but I know that’s not possible at present.

BillV
      Participant

You typically have to start somewhere else. Most people entering the IT field don’t jump straight into a security role. They might start at a user support, helpdesk or technician position. Then slowly move into something else as they earn experience and find interests.

BillV

Ketchup
      Participant

Some correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that security experience does not necessarily mean pen-testing experience.  It could be in any realm of IT security experience. 

BillV
      Participant

That would be correct.

hackly66
      Participant

Hi everyone I have been reading up on this, and yes I have been experimenting with most of all the tools can’t say I know them proficiently
      But I figure if I get training I will get more insight on what I have been reading,and playing with. I have been Reading, listening and viewing videos of ethical hacking for about a 1 1/2 yrs, I know I need more training besides self study. I would suggest going back to school for training. I’m thinking of attending PC Professor ,the good thing about them you can always return to their courses if you did not understand anything after you complete their CEH classes. 😉

crk
      Participant

Does PC professor HAVE security related programs? The closest relevant match I saw was A+ Preparation.

hackly66
      Participant

Yeah-
      I saw the same thing also,but since I live in florida I dont know if they are teaching CEH in other locations in the USA—>here is the info he gave me

From DSmith

I have attached the outline for the Certified Ethical Hacker course. The class begins on May 2, schedule as follows:

Certified Ethical Hacker
      5/2/09
      Sat 9:00 am-5:00 pm (5 weeks)

The cost for this 40-hour course is $1995. The course registration fee is $150. Student loans are available and there are alternative payment options if you want them. We even allow students the option of making monthly payments on the course for up to 4 years with as little as 10% down – no credit required… However, if you register and pay in full in the month of April,  you’ll get a discount of 20% off of tuition! (Save $400!)

Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures course mission is to educate, introduce and demonstrate hacking tools for penetration testing purposes only. Prior to attending this course, you will be asked to sign an agreement stating that you will not use the newly acquired skills for illegal or malicious attacks and you will not use such tools in an attempt to compromise any computer system, and to indemnify EC-Council with respect to the use or misuse of these tools, regardless of intent.
      please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can be of assistance, or if you are ready to enroll.

Kindly,

DSmith

Director of Admissions

PC Professor         

Boca:      561-750-7879
      Broward:  954-776-5816
      Fax:       561-750-9872
      http://www.pcprofessor.com

crk
      Participant

…Oh. Well that’s just crazy.

I stand corrected ;D

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?