Can I sell or trade SANS books?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      itg33k
      Participant

If you attended past SANS courses are you allowed to sell or trade the books them?

I have not been able to find anything that states that you can’t sell or trade them on the SANS site.

Why would one want to do this well maybe I passed the cert attempt and the information contained in the books I will not re-use as I have a lot of additional resources where I can obtain the information and when the time comes for the recertification time I get a new set of books that I pay for.

I been wondering if this is allowed as I would like to trade for other course books or sell. I have paid out of pocket for 4 training and I am wanting to attend or challenge the GPEN and GREM certification and being that I have to pay out of pocket to do this (On Demand course) I can only think of selling the books to pay for the class or trading some of my past SANS course books for the GPEN and/or GREM books.

BillV
      Participant

There was a discussion regarding this on the GIAC mailing list. I’ll have a look through it again and see what all was said.

itg33k
      Participant

Thanks Bill I look forward hearing from you. If the answer to my questions is yes then my second question is can I post in this forum a request to exchange course book material?

BillV
      Participant

Looks like you’re out of luck… on the back of the first page of courseware you should find a Copyright notice and a ‘Courseware License Agreement’ (CLA) that specifically states:

User may not copy, reproduce, re-publish, distribute, display, modify or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of this publication in any medium whether printed, electronic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express written consent of the SANS Institute. Additionally, user may not sell, rent, lease, trade, or otherwise transfer the courseware in any way, shape, or form without the express written consent of the SANS Institute.

BillV

itg33k
      Participant

Thanks Bill.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?