Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ronsmith00123
      Participant

X-line hacked my personal webpage. Lead me in order to fix it up. Regards
      hxxp://weddingsvermont.com

Jamie.R
      Participant

Do you have any sort of backup ? I think the first step would be trying to work out how they done it as if you just reupload your site they will do it again.

It looks like you are running wordpress did you keep it upto date ?
      Have you tried to run tools like wp-scan to identify any issue on your site before it got hacked?

Do you even have access to the site any more ?

shadowzero
      Participant

Pretty sure you posted a the same question here before. You were advised to upgrade your WordPress installation and plugins.

RoleReversal
      Participant

I’d suggest contacting your hosting provider for further assistance(*). They should be in the best position to assist you with recovering the site quickly and efficiently.

Once this is done, you’ll need (unless you want a re-occurance) to find the hole and fix it. Updating as suggested ‘may’ be sufficient; but again, you hosting provider(*) should be able to assist in identification of the successful attack vector.

And judging from the defacement page message, I’d possibly also suggest not annoying the less trustworthy denizens of the ‘net.

N.B. (*), depending on service contract, additional assistance in this matter may chargeable etc.

Jamie.R
      Participant

Yah it might be worth letting them know as other website maybe affected.

ziggy_567
      Participant

I think it should also be pointed out that you misspelled “Vermont” in the copyright line at the bottom of the page. (Unless that was part of the defacement as well, but I don’t think it was.)

tturner
      Participant

Hope you guys are visiting this site from an unimportant machine. If I wanted to target a bunch of security professionals this is exactly how I’d do it.

;D

shadowzero
      Participant

@tturner wrote:

Hope you guys are visiting this site from an unimportant machine. If I wanted to target a bunch of security professionals this is exactly how I’d do it.

;D

I too suffer from a healthy dose of [s:2razykqq]paranoia[/s:2razykqq] caution. I used netcat to view it. 🙂

RoleReversal
      Participant

@tturner wrote:

;D

Throwaway VM snapshot via Tor 🙂

Jamie.R
      Participant

Yah really good point always use protection 😛

When viewing sites that have been hacked!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘blog hacked. so , what to do?’ is closed to new replies.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?