Better Late Then Never!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

Hey, I just worked out I never did one of these “Hello world” posts!!!

So here it goes, hey guys my name is Andy and I live in Australia. For the past 12 years I have been a network admin for a number of companies. I enjoy my work and love working with tech.

I have always had a love of security, I guess starting when I discovered that I could get into parts of my schools network that I shouldn’t be in (bad bad Andrew!)

I would love to make InfoSec my full time job however that kind of role is hard to get into in the city I live in!

I plan to start my OSCP training, will sign up once I finish moving into my new house (so much work required! 3 cubic meters of garden waste yesterday!)

This is a great forum and I thank Don and the others for creating such a top space for people like us to talk about the things that interest us!

Cheers guys!

Jamie.R
      Participant

Think these post should be renamed to hello world post 😛 Welcome to the forms you been here a while so you know most rules but have fun lol

dynamik
      Participant

And a belated “Welcome!” 🙂

What city are you in? I’m in the US, but it seems like Melbourne and particularly Sidney have a decent amount of infosec opportunities, from what I hear anyway.

I was going to suggest making a move if opportunities are so hard to come by there, but I guess that’s not feasible if you just got a new house.

S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

@ajohnson wrote:

What city are you in?

Hey , I am in Brisbane…. don’t want to move, love it here too much. One day I guess if the right job came along I would look at moving.

Thanks for the welcome 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?