[Article]-Webcast: Deep Dive into Red Teaming with the Metasploit Framework

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  jsm725 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
     Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

EH-Net is back on the webcast scene with a highly technical exploration of using MSF for your pen testing needs. Please help spread the word, as this webcast is sure to educate in many ways.

Permanent link: [Article]-Webcast: Deep Dive into Red Teaming with the Metasploit Framework

[align=center:2pjk688n]

Join us for a Free Webinar on March 22[/align:2pjk688n]

James “egyp7” Lee takes participants in a technical deep-dive through the new features of the free and open source Metasploit Framework version 3.6, focusing on techniques valuable to professional penetration testers in red teams and consulting firms.  This will include post exploitation modules (a more powerful replacement for Meterpreter scripts) and using platform-agnostic payloads for increased pwnage.  Before the Q&A, he will also cover some of the feature highlights in the commercial Metasploit editions Metasploit Pro and Metasploit Express. Webinar participants should be familiar with the concepts of Metasploit and penetration testing.

James “egyp7” Lee has been contributing to the open source Metasploit Framework as a core developer and project manager since April 2008. Before joining Rapid7 to work on Metasploit in a full-time position, he discovered numerous vulnerabilities in SCADA and Industrial Control Systems at Idaho National Laboratory. James has presented at DEF CON, Black Hat USA, Black Hat DC, SANS Process Control & SCADA Security Summit, and other events.

[align=center:2pjk688n]Date:  Tuesday, March 22, 2011
    Time:  11:00 AM – 12:30 PM CDT

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/930605163

Even if you can't join us for the live event, please register for future details on how to get the video![/align:2pjk688n]

Please join us,
    Don

j0rDy 
    Participant

Sounds great! March 22th is gonna be a long day for me…

yatz 
    Participant

Looking forward to this one.

Lubinski 
    Participant

What could someone thats only a little familiar and only used MSF a few times take away from this? Or will it be all over the head?

TheXero 
    Participant

I’ve never properly used metasploit, so I’m looking forward to this 🙂

egyp7 
    Participant

@lubinski wrote:

What could someone thats only a little familiar and only used MSF a few times take away from this? Or will it be all over the head?

I’m planning to cover basic usage as a starting point to get everyone on the same page.  A little programming experience would be pretty useful but not necessary.

Quicknesss 
    Participant

Awesome UBER new and stoked to absorb as much as possible.

BillV 
    Participant

Sounds like a great webinar. I will definitely try to catch this.

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

Thanks for the compliments. Should be fun.

You can help spread the word by tweeting the following:

Free Webcast: Deep Dive into Red Teaming with the Metasploit Framework by @egyp7 March 22 http://bit.ly/gXC0CL @rapid7 @metasploit #pentest

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Don

AndyB67 
    Participant

Am going to try catch this live, if I can skivve out of work an hour early.  If I can’t catch it live and only get to watch the video, do you mind if I post any question I have on this site or is there another way we can get in touch?

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

Questions here are fine and encouraged. Egyp7 is part of this thread and will do his best to asnwer in a timely manner. I’ll see if he can be kind enough to continue answering questions even after the webcast… especially (as you mentioned) when we get the video out.

Don

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

See everyone tomorrow.

Don

WCNA 
    Participant

Starts at noon EST, right at lunchtime for me. See ya there. 🙂

tturner 
    Participant

Bah I just got corralled into heading out of town tomorrow for some PCI DSS panel at a sister organization. Hope the recording is up soon, I was looking forward to this one!

hayabusa 
    Participant

@tturner wrote:

Bah I just got corralled into heading out of town tomorrow for some PCI DSS panel at a sister organization. Hope the recording is up soon, I was looking forward to this one!

similar situation, here, after having been “off” work last week, for CEH v7 update.

sil 
    Participant

Man… I’m going to have to teach some of you reverse management engineering. This is the art of getting management to let you do what you need to do…

E.g.:

Manager: (CFO mind you): “You need to be doing X tomorrow at noon”
    Me: “Sorry but I can’t. Unless you haven’t heard… PCI changed the rules as did FINRA within the last 6 weeks. I seriously need to focus on keeping our clients in compliance. Therefore tomorrow I have SIEM + Security projects on the board, you will have to shift X to about 3PM. It’s definitely mission critical I remain free tomorrow until 2PM earliest. We need to ensure I understand all I need to know about concepts, methodologies in this field if you wanna keep managed security services in order”

Works all the time… However, it works for me. I’m a stickler on project management (and yes I have studied PMP + ITIL for those wondering). I almost always try to make things a business case since that’s all bosses care about at the end of the day. When it makes sense to them financially, you’re talking their language. Not trying to explain why you need to understand core concepts and alternatives for pivoting into multiple meterpreter shells

hayabusa 
    Participant

Yeah, sil…  😀

I’m generally good at the same.  Only difference for me THIS time, is that I’m bound by contract (at my primary job) to multiple customers.  When they have issues, I’m on call to them, 24×7.  And tomorrow, one happened to book the same timeframe for an investigation of an issue, that requires my assistance.  If it somehow frees up, I’ll be watching the webcast, else, I won’t.

Oh well…  At a minimum, I’ll catch the recording!

Edit:  oh, and I liked the article you (sil) posted the link for, a couple of days ago.  You did a great job!  (Just been so busy, I hadn’t had time to tell you.)

tturner 
    Participant

I actually have 3 conflicts tomorrow. Conducting job interview (this will be the 37th candidate we’ve interviewed, background checks take too long and candidates always find other work by the time we clear them) which I’m happy to miss, (2nd round anyway, I already assessed their technical chops, this one is the touchy feely culture interview) is the first.

PCI panel thing, I could have smacked my boss. He gets an email from a fellow CIO at sister organization with an invite for a PCI summit/panel focused on parking revenue systems and he says that “maybe” he will send his “PCI guru”. He refers to me that way sometimes and I always tell him I’m not a guru, I’m constantly looking up requirements because i can never remember exactly what the SSC had to say on topic X. but now the requester has me listed on the agenda as a PCI guru and several sister organizations are clamoring for my presence, and they don’t even know me. Oh and apparently I’m supposed to answer questions, at least I don’t have to give a presentation. Tomorrow is going to suck as their expectations are dashed to pieces.

Sil, your strategy works usually, but when my boss has extended an offer to a group of his peers, nothing else matters. Hayabusa I feel your pain, some things are just out of our hands.

jsm725 
    Participant

I will be attending. 26 minutes to go…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?