[Article]-Video: Man-in-the-Middle Attack on MySpace with Cain

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Don Donzal 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
     Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

This one uses MySpace as the hypothetical target. Expect many more of these from Brian, our resident Cain expert. Well done my friend.

Permanent link: [Article]-Video: Man-in-the-Middle Attack on MySpace with Cain

By Brian Wilson, CISSP, CCNA, CCSE, CCAI, MCP, Network+, Security+, JNCIA

Last year at ChicagoCon 2007, Brian Wilson gave a great talk entitled “Cain & Abel: Windows Can Hack, Too!” Although the presentation and audio recording of the talk can be downloaded from the ChicagoCon  Media Lab
    2007 Evening Presentation Files, I had totally forgotten to publish his videos. Just in case things didn’t go as planned during the live event or his laptop crapped out on him, Brian made a video of the MITM attack he demonstrated using Cain. They made it on the DVD passed out to the attendees, but unfortunately not in his column… until now!

Although we often talk about this incredibly versatile tool here on EH-Net, for the uninitiated…

Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary, Brute-Force and Cryptanalysis attacks, recording VoIP conversations, decoding scrambled passwords, recovering wireless network keys, revealing password boxes, uncovering cached passwords and analyzing routing protocols.

[align=center:147mxu10]

View other presentations from ChicagoCon 2007.[/align:147mxu10]

Thanks again Brian. Please offer Brian your thoughts and also requests for additional Cain vids.

Don

RoleReversal 
    Participant

Brian,

nice video, I’ve had Cain&Abel on my ‘Must look at’ list for a while. Think you’ve just jumped it to the top of the queue.

Thanks

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

Sir Brian has never made it to diggs front page or slashdotted. Let’s help make it happen for him.

http://digg.com/microsoft/Video_Man_in_the_Middle_Attack_on_MySpace_with_Cain

You have 24 hours to do your part!!

Don

pseud0 
    Participant
     RoleReversal 
    Participant

@pseud0 wrote:

Sweet mamba-jamba!!  Slashdotted!!
    http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/15/1242252&from=rss

w00t!

Hows the site holding up under the legendary /. effect Don?

Anonymous 
    Participant

thanks for the link and the reminder why i dont read slashdot, most of those replies are pure garbage.

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

So far so good.

Congrats, Brian. Helluva week for you my friend. Your good fortune is well deserved.

Don

slimjim100 
    Participant

Thanks everyone!!!!  Don called me on my Cell and told me I was slashdot’ed. I was on a 3 mile hike with my kids for Cub Scouts… I was like wow and I told some of the other fathers out on the trail and they where like what is slashdot and I said never mind. lol

Brian

Anonymous 
    Participant

that’s awesome

slimjim100 
    Participant

Wow over 8,000 hits to the video in 12 hours thats crazy! I hope Don’s hosting company does not charge him to much for the extra bandwidth. Anyway thanks again for all of you guys/gals support. I will be doing a newer live demo of Cain & Able at Chicagocon this year and if all goes right I hope to show you how to own and record VoIP calls, Take over Cisco routers, Crack WEP with packet injection (yes in windows) and so much more. Cain is truly a good place to learn a lot of hacking and auditing skills on a Windows PC.

Brian

subbukl 
    Participant

dont you think arpspoof and etherial is much simpler for this ?
    ~

Anonymous 
    Participant

no

slimjim100 
    Participant

Well I do like Ethereal but only after I have a good APR with Cain going then I can look at all traffic on a subnet for trouble shooting. It’s like making a mirror or trunk port on a switch that might not have management features.

Brian

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

[align=center:3ajyn2m6]Congrats, Brian!!

100,000 Page Views!![/align:3ajyn2m6]

Don

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?