[Article]-March 2010 Free Giveaway Winners – Offensive Security

This topic contains 26 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  BillV 8 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
     Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

Here we go… Thanks to the great participation and desire for this prize, I had loads of posts to go through. I did my best to be fair and give the prizes to 5 members who all deserve it. Some long time members, some new, some who have won in the past and some that have not.

Permanent link: [Article]-March 2010 Free Giveaway Winners – Offensive Security

[align=center:h7hl9j0p]
    We Have 5 Winners of OffSec Online Training![/align:h7hl9j0p]

Offensive Security has carved out a place in the pen testing field that is quite rare. They offer not only high quality training but also at some of the lowest price points in the industry. For an insider’s look at Pentesting With BackTrack (PWB), check out OffSec Wireless Attacks AKA WiFu, for Windows environments there’s Advanced Windows Exploitationand (AWE), and for those ready to prove their mettle, OffSec throws down the gauntlet with Cracking the Perimeter (CTP). OffSec continues to support EH-Net and their members by offering not just 1 but 5 courses for top contributors. We have 2 seats in PWB, 2 in WiFu and 1 in CTP.

In alphabetical order, the winners are: BillV, chrisj, j0rDy, unsupported and zeroflaw. I will contact each one of you individually to choose a course that fits best. Congrats, keep up the great work and keep us posted on how your training goes. All EH-Netters love reviews!!

Remember, Offensive Security has released a new version of PWB which is now aligned with BackTrack 4, has new video recordings, updated courseware, new double-sized lab with new OSs, new web app modules and much more. PWB v3.0 is available NOW. Gee… that’s just in time for our winners to get it. Funny how that works out. 😉

[align=center:h7hl9j0p]Participation is the ONLY way to win. Start a thread that sparks lots of interest; share thoughts and experiences; write an article; spread the word of EH-Net; help a newbie… quality is more important than quantity.

Only members are eligible!
    Registration Is FREE!
    [/align:h7hl9j0p]

Thanks again and congrats to the winners,
    Don

pizza1337 
    Participant

8) Congratz guys.

hayabusa 
    Participant

Congrats to all!  Great job guys!  Let us know what you take, and how you fare.  🙂

Jhaddix 
    Participant

I expect writeups from all of you! Congrats! =)

MicroJay 
    Participant

Congrats!  Enjoy the courses!  Can’t wait to hear of your experiences!

UNIX 
    Participant

Congrats.

Ketchup 
    Participant

Congratulations!

impelse 
    Participant

Congrats guys, good job.

j0rDy 
    Participant

OMG! i never win anything! this is great! Thanks EH.net for this great opportunity! cant wait to get started!

@jhaddix: No problem! Review will come as soon as i’m finished!

n1p 
    Participant

Congratz guys, well deserved!

rattis 
    Participant

Wow… Thanks. Really… Co-workers came over to ask if I was ok.

Will definitely do write ups for hear and my blog on the course.

Anquilas 
    Participant

Congrats to all 5 winners!

KrisTeason 
    Participant

Congrats. Couldn’t get it this year either – participated a lot that month too!
    *shrugs* You’ll have my participation next year for the giveaway. Nice prize 😉

@don – Please check your PMs

zeroflaw 
    Participant

Wow thanks! I didn’t think I would win anything. And I haven’t been active at all lately, now I kinda feel bad about it. I just have a lot on my mind these days and I’ve been busy with internship. I certainly haven’t forgotten about this place.

Thanks again, I really really appreciate it!  ;D

What90 
    Participant

Good work folks, these are excellent courses!

I’m looking forward to the review from very luck person the takes the CTP course.

pizza1337 
    Participant

@what90 wrote:

Good work folks, these are excellent courses!

I’m looking forward to the review from very luck person the takes the CTP course.

Me too.

@chrisj wrote:

lol

rattis 
    Participant

@pizza1337 wrote:

@chrisj wrote:

lol

See I was so blown away I couldn’t even spell HERE right.

Xen 
    Participant

Good luck guys! Really looking forward for the reviews.

UNIX 
    Participant

Who got CTP? Review? 🙂

BillV 
    Participant

@awesec wrote:

Who got CTP? Review? 🙂

Unsupported … but he never replied to any of the messages and his profile shows “Last Active: April 30, 2010, 10:26:29 AM”

hayabusa 
    Participant

If it’s anything like PWB, he’s probably been engrossed in the course.  Be patient, and I’ll bet the review is forthcoming…

BillV 
    Participant

Perhaps, but there were PMs going around trying to decide who would take each prize and he never replied/acknowledged anything. And he hasn’t been active since before this prize was even announced :-

Not sure what happened to him/where he went ???

Ketchup 
    Participant

Isn’t one of the requirements for CTP to sever all ties with the outside world?  😉

BillV 
    Participant

@ketchup wrote:

Isn’t one of the requirements for CTP to sever all ties with the outside world?  😉

Haha, yep, I’m sure it is. It’s one of those fine print items.

rattis 
    Participant

@BillV wrote:

Perhaps, but there were PMs going around trying to decide who would take each prize and he never replied/acknowledged anything. And he hasn’t been active since before this prize was even announced :-

Not sure what happened to him/where he went ???

He did reply to 1 of the PMs. Said that he was in school, working on the GCWN, and promised his wife to spend less time with certifications. That was April 29.

UNIX 
    Participant

Well, he should be able to keep it until he has more time to go with it. I think we all know times when there just isn’t enough time at all. 🙂

BillV 
    Participant

@chrisj wrote:

He did reply to 1 of the PMs. Said that he was in school, working on the GCWN, and promised his wife to spend less time with certifications. That was April 29.

Yeah, I was thinking about that after I posted because I do remember him saying something about it. That was when I did the little “mini-challenge” registration for OSCE and I remember mentioning something about that. Neat little test 😛

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?