[Article]-March 2010 Free Giveaway Sponsor – Offensive Security

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Thanks again to the staff at OffSec. Every year these giveaways seem to draw the biggest response, and I’m sure all of you won’t dissappoint. I’m also extra excited that we were able to up the ante to 5 courses that are up for grabs for EH-Net members. Should be a fun month.

Permanent link: [Article]-March 2010 Free Giveaway Sponsor – Offensive Security

[align=center:3hvfkx9l]

5 Free Seats in OffSec Online Training![/align:3hvfkx9l]

Offensive Security has carved out a place in the pen testing field that is quite rare. They offer not only high quality training but also at some of the lowest price points in the industry. For an insider’s look at Pentesting With BackTrack (PWB), check out OffSec Wireless Attacks AKA WiFu, for Windows environments there’s Advanced Windows Exploitationand (AWE), and for those ready to prove their mettle, OffSec throws down the gauntlet with Cracking the Perimeter (CTP). OffSec continues to support EH-Net and their members by offering not just 1 but 5 courses for top contributors. We have 2 seats in PWB for our up-and-comers, 2 in WiFu for our wireless freaks and 1 in CTP for someone who shows just how wicked smart they are.

BTW – As luck may have it, Offensive Security has released a new version of PWB which is now aligned with BackTrack 4, has new video recordings, updated courseware, new double-sized lab with new OSs, new web app modules and much more. PWB v3.0 will be available March 21st. Gee… that’s just in time for our winners to get it. Funny how that works out. 😉

[align=center:3hvfkx9l]Let the feeding frenzy begin!!

Participation is the ONLY way to win. Start a thread that sparks lots of interest; share thoughts and experiences; write an article; spread the word of EH-Net; help a newbie… quality is more important than quantity.

Only members are eligible!
      Registration Is FREE!
      [/align:3hvfkx9l]

Good luck,
      Don

KrisTeason
      Participant

Now this is one very nice giveaway Don. You’ll have my participation

zeroflaw
      Participant

Wow, very sweet prizes!

MicroJay
      Participant

As always…This is a great giveaway! 
      Thanks Don!

hayabusa
      Participant

I’m extremely hungry!!!!!!!!!!!    8)

rattis
      Participant

This is a jaw dropper. 5 seats. Wow. Big thanks to the guys over at OffSec.

unsupported
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

You should be full after last month’s win. :p

UNIX
      Participant

Awesome! Certainly something which interests me too. 🙂

micr0ventur3s
      Participant

Excellent giveaway – Mad props to OffSec for stepping up with this prize!!  😮

Honestly, this course from what I’ve seen is such a good deal for the prices they charge. Then I look at SANS prices and I’m like WTF! I also feel that the Offsec course is the best, the way they have the final exam setup with a live lab and 24 hours to do your thing, wow… that’s cool.

Dengar13
      Participant

Wow! 

hayabusa
      Participant

@unsupported wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

You should be full after last month’s win. :p

Don’t worry I will be!  But wow!  This is enough to wet the appetite of ANY IT Security person…

impelse
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

Don’t worry I will be!  But wow!  This is enough to wet the appetite of ANY IT Security person…

I agree

KamiCrazy
      Participant

The CTP prize would be awesome!

Ketchup
      Participant

Fantastic giveaway! 

rattis
      Participant

Thinking about this, are the classes built upon each other? Like could you take the WiFu without taking PWB first?

Jhaddix
      Participant

Don, your killin me here… CTP and WiFU are HOT right now. My social life is now going to be very cut into…

Great giveaways! Let the posting begin!

j0rDy
      Participant

Great work on the giveaways! you would almost think i signed up just for this! 😉 good luck to all and keep up the good work!

hayabusa
      Participant

Heck, if I weren’t already a member, I’d sign up, just for this prize.  It’s WELL WORTH it, and don and Offensive Security have their work cut out for them, with prizes to give away like this.  It’s a great partnership, and one that I’m certain will continue to benefit EH-net and our members!

pizza1337
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

Heck, if I weren’t already a member, I’d sign up, just for this prize.  It’s WELL WORTH it, and don and Offensive Security have their work cut out for them, with prizes to give away like this.  It’s a great partnership, and one that I’m certain will continue to benefit EH-net and our members!

*just signed up*  prize is very sweet.

Anonymous
      Participant

Awesome giveaway Don! Now if only I could stop working to post more often.

d3l0n
      Participant

chrisj, you don’t need PWB to take WiFu.

rattis
      Participant

thanks d3l0n, that’s good to know.

Anonymous
      Participant

I will be very lucky if I got it

Don Donzal
      Keymaster
      Dengar13
      Participant

@don wrote:

Submitted to digg:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Magazine_Gives_Away_Free_Seats_in_Best_Hacking_Courses

Spread the word,
      Don

Done!  I also talked up your site at the SANS course so hopefully that generates some new people.  I told Kevin Johnson you said “hi” by the way.  🙂

Cr0wb4r
      Participant

I’m new to offensive security, and found this site through google, lol.  I’m glad I signed up as there seems to be a lot of useful information here, and the giveaway is an added bonus.

j0rDy
      Participant

@Basil1977 wrote:

I will be very lucky if I got it

The funny thing is that its completely in your own hands!

@ crowbar: Looks like google send you to the right place! welcome to EH.net!

sbeyeforhire
      Participant

Wow what a great offer, can never get too much learning. Free learning even better, lol.

UNIX
      Participant

@don wrote:

Submitted to digg:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Magazine_Gives_Away_Free_Seats_in_Best_Hacking_Courses

Spread the word,
      Don

dugg 😉

Anquilas
      Participant

As hayabusa said: this IS a price worth signing up for 🙂
      And a great way to motivate contributions: cheers!

T_Bone
      Participant

Now this is a cool prize but how on earth do i create a thread that is worthy of me winning this prize?

j0rDy
      Participant

@T_Bone wrote:

Now this is a cool prize but how on earth do i create a thread that is worthy of me winning this prize?

good question: be creative!

nookie211
      Participant

I have a class full of high school students enrolled in security+/Ethical Hacking. We found your site doing web searches. Great forums without the flaming that usually occurs on hacker sites. So there are 80 new ppl here. As alwasy great prizes. 🙂

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Now that’s a post worth calling out. Thanks for the kind words, as it’s not easy keeping things sane around here. Our members are a huge help in keeping the tone civil and educational.

Anything I can do to help your class? I’d even be willing to chat with them on a conf call on staying on the ‘ethical’ side of the equation.

PM me if this is of interest to you, or if you think of anything you might need.

Don

pizza1337
      Participant

@nookie211 wrote:

I have a class full of high school students enrolled in security+/Ethical Hacking. We found your site doing web searches. Great forums without the flaming that usually occurs on hacker sites. So there are 80 new ppl here. As alwasy great prizes. 🙂

What is your location?

You are lucky to have these classes in your high school.

Edit: my school doesn’t even like changing default passwords..

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Last day to make your final impressions to the judges. Wait a minute. There’s only one judge… ME!!!

It’s good to be the king.  😉

Don

Anquilas
      Participant

Can’t help but get the mental picture of Don, sitting on his office chair with a golden crown and scepter  ;D

T_Bone
      Participant

Ok, so realistically i wont be winning this competition either! But for the next prize, maybe i could create a new thread on how to create “creative” listings to win prizes??

rattis
      Participant

@T_Bone: You’ve still got time to do that now.

pizza1337
      Participant

@don wrote:

Last day to make your final impressions to the judges. Wait a minute. There’s only one judge… ME!!!

It’s good to be the king.  😉

Don

Free pizza for lifetime 😉

Ketchup
      Participant

I will see your pizza, and I will raise you beer 😉 

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Thanks everyone for participating. You all have made this month the highest ever in both forum page views and posts. I’ll be deciding soon who the winners will be. I have a lot to go through and many prizes to award, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Don

PS – Have you noticed CBT Nuggets is the April Giveaway Sponsor? Kewl stuff that anyone can use regardless of where you live and how much money (or lack thereof) you have for travel, because none is needed.  ;D

UNIX
      Participant

Awesome. 🙂

n1p
      Participant

@Ketchup wrote:

I will see your pizza, and I will raise you beer 😉 

I’ll take some beer 🙂 Good to see that the competition encouraged some views and posting. It’s now part of my work day to have a look and see whats going on!

j0rDy
      Participant

i’ll make this easy for you Don: just pick pizza1337 AND ketchup and you will be set for life!  😉 Who can turn from an offer with free pizza AND beer? thats like everything you need, ever!

hayabusa
      Participant

Must’a been blind, or don’s been busy (more likely)…  Who ever won these?

n1p
      Participant

Yeah I’d like to know that too  ::)

Anquilas
      Participant

He must still be in the process of reading all the posts 🙂

j0rDy
      Participant

no results yet, guess Don is busy at the moment or he has a cruel way of building up tension 😀

impelse
      Participant

Come on guys let him work, he has to deal with his own job. ;D

hayabusa
      Participant

Believe me, impelse, when I say I understand that, completely!  😀

impelse
      Participant

I know that, I was only joking too. 😉

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?