- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 7 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
This opinion piece is brought to you by the Founder and President of Mile2. Need a little help in getting through to your boss when asking for training funds? This may give you some additional insight.
After reading the article for yourself, please add your comments below,
Some good points, but sometimes it can be difficult to get an organization to think about security if they have never had a problem. Its kind of like the situation when a stop light is only installed in an intersection after several car crashes have occured. I am not big on making more laws, but I think the Feds need to place stronger requirements on companies that are storing our data. They should require some kind of security audit on a regular basis. This would help the security industry, customers and venders in the long run. There are still companies that save all your info in a very insecure manner. Vulnerable computers with all your info sitting on simple excel spread sheets, etc…
Very true, Kev, everyone is reactive. It is sad, but is is realty.
– EH-Net Live! Join us on Wed Jan 29 @ 1:00 PM EST for “Shellcode for the Masses“ w/ John Hammond. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! December – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget” w/ Phillip Wylie from Dec 19.
– EH-Net Live! November – Video & Deck Available Now! for “All Things CTF!” w/ Ray Doyle of EverSecCTF from Nov 21.
– EH-Net Live! October – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Hacking Humans” w/ Hadnagy, Paul & Baron from Oct 29.
– EH-Net Live! August – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Wireshark for Hackers” w/ Laura Chappell from Aug 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.