[Article]-February 2013 Free Giveaway Winner of SANS CyberCon Training

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #8334
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

      Hey All,

      Thanks in advance for understanding my position on this month’s winner and the sometimes seemingly difficult decisions (or maybe I should say those decisions that may cause slight grief of the members) that need to be made. I do my best to treat everyone as best as I can. Hope it shows.

      Don

      Permalink: [Article]-February 2013 Free Giveaway Winner of SANS CyberCon Training

      [align=center:1g1lo6c8]We Have a Winner!

      [/align:1g1lo6c8]

      In a slight twist but not completely out of the ordinary, I have an announcement. As most of you know, I pick the winners not only based on participation but also on the ability to utilize the prize. I have also in the past taken special requests and rearranged winners to meet the needs of those who contribute the most. This usually takes place behind the scenes and is often the reason it looks as though someone who didn’t participate the most wins. Because many others couldn’t utilize the prize, and I thus had to keep going down the list. That being said, I want to continue to be fair. Last month’s winner was absolutely deserving but couldn’t use the prize. So I’m making an executive decision and announcing that UNIX will receive the seat at SANS CyberCon beginning April 22 with his choice of the following:

      – SEC401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style ($4,645)
      – SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling ($4,845)
      – SEC575: Mobile Device Security and Ethical Hacking ($4,845)
      – FOR408: Computer Forensic Investigations – Windows In-Depth ($4,845)
      – MGT414: SANS +S Training Program for the CISSP Certification Exam ($3,995)

      SANS is also offer two NEW Audit courses at CyberCon, running back-to-back.
      – AUD444: Auditing Security and Controls of Active Directory and Windows ($2400)
      – AUD445: Auditing Security and Controls of Oracle Databases ($2400)

      So yes, this means that there’s still a chance to win last month’s prize of a full version of Metasploit Pro with 1 year of support. I will be contacting deserving EH-Netters very soon to give this prize away. I’ll make the announcement in the forum thread for the Holiday Giveaway. Congrats and good luck to all of you as the prizes continue throughout 2013.

      [align=center:1g1lo6c8]PS – If you didn't win, you still get a prize of
      5% Off w/ Coupon Code: EHN_5

      Participation is the ONLY way to win. Start a thread that sparks lots of interest; share thoughts and experiences; help a newbie… quality is more important than quantity.

      Only members are eligible!
      Registration Is FREE!
      [/align:1g1lo6c8]

      Until next month…

      Don

    • #52392
      UNIX
      Participant

      Thanks again Don, it’s much appreciated!

    • #52393
      m0wgli
      Participant

      @don wrote:

      Thanks in advance for understanding my position on this month’s winner and the sometimes seemingly difficult decisions (or maybe I should say those decisions that may cause slight grief of the members) that need to be made. I do my best to treat everyone as best as I can. Hope it shows.

      It does, organizing these must be like trying to herd cats.

      @UNIX Congratulations! 🙂 Which one are you considering?

    • #52394
      UNIX
      Participant

      Thanks, m0wgli. I’m not sure yet which course it will be eventually, but I’ll keep you updated once I’ve made my decision.

    • #52395
      KrisTeason
      Participant

      Absolutely a terrific prize as usual Don! Congratulations Unix! We appreciate your participation. Your in for a treat at SANS CyberCon!

    • #52396
      caissyd
      Participant

      Last month’s winner was absolutely deserving but couldn’t use the prize. So I’m making an executive decision and announcing that UNIX will receive the seat at SANS CyberCon

      Yes, UNIX, you really deserve it!

      Congratulations!!

    • #52397
      UNIX
      Participant

      Thanks everybody. SANS was kind enough to let me exchange the offered courses with SEC660: Advanced Penetration Testing, Exploits, and Ethical Hacking as it covers topics which are more towards my main interests. 🙂

    • #52398
      Jamie.R
      Participant

      Congrats Unix!! I not been about much as had lots going on in my life but I will have to go back and check out some of your posts.

    • #52399
      dynamik
      Participant

      @UNIX wrote:

      Thanks everybody. SANS was kind enough to let me exchange the offered courses with SEC660: Advanced Penetration Testing, Exploits, and Ethical Hacking as it covers topics which are more towards my main interests. 🙂

      Nice! My On-Demand course just got approved for that, and I know tturner’s reviewing from the live course in Orlando a month ago. Time for a study group!

    • #52400
      YuckTheFankees
      Participant

      A little late but congrats!

    • #52401
      hayabusa
      Participant

      Congrats, and glad to hear SANS swapped out, for you!

    • #52402
      r2s
      Participant

      Congrats UNIX!

      @ajohnson wrote:

      @UNIX wrote:

      Thanks everybody. SANS was kind enough to let me exchange the offered courses with SEC660: Advanced Penetration Testing, Exploits, and Ethical Hacking as it covers topics which are more towards my main interests. 🙂

      Nice! My On-Demand course just got approved for that, and I know tturner’s reviewing from the live course in Orlando a month ago. Time for a study group!

      I would definitely be interested in that study group; I’m taking this course in June.

    • #52403
      UNIX
      Participant

      Thanks again.

      A small study group sounds nice. 😉

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?