[Article]-Daemon – A Contest Begins Now

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

And off we go…

Permanent link: [Article]-Daemon – A Contest Begins Now

[align=center:1x0vavpf]Win Signed, Pre-Release Copies of Daemon, Hard Cover Edition

[/align:1x0vavpf]

Daemon by Daniel Suarez (former pen name Leinad Zeraus) is not only a self-publishing success story but also a work that has been endorsed by hackers the world over. ChicagoCon 2008f who received their free copies of what is now a collectible.

We are proud to have been part of the Verdugo circle of friends and their continued support of us in return. Dutton is also very excited about having the EH-Net Community involved in not only the new edition of Daemon but also the upcoming sequel, Freedom[sup:1x0vavpf]TM[/sup:1x0vavpf].  Many of you know that ChicagoCon’s catch phrase is, “White Hats Come Together in Defense of the Digital Frontier.” In addition to having Mr. Suarez to thank for that handy bit of literary brilliance, he will also have a part in the contest itself. At stake are signed, pre-released copies of the new hardcover Edition of Daemon.

[align=center:1x0vavpf]So get to it.[/align:1x0vavpf]

Don

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

No one has figured out the answer yet, and we only have a week left. I’m quite surprised. Is anyone trying and just having a hard time figuring it out? I’d hate for those free, signed, pre-release copies of the new hard cover edition to unclaimed.

Don

jason
      Participant

Sent you a PM.

blackazarro
      Participant

I tried but I haven’t gotten the answer yet. I guess I need to try harder.

RoleReversal
      Participant

@blackazarro wrote:

I tried but I haven’t gotten the answer yet. I guess I need to try harder.

Ditto, still trying but without any luck

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Probably a good time to remind everyone that it is highly recomended to work in teams. Try to get a programmer on your teram. It will help tremendously. Notice the bottom credits mention C#. It might also be a good idea to get someone on your team that has a copy of the book in order to get the key.

Don

jason
      Participant

I have a copy of the book if anyone wants to team up.

blackazarro
      Participant

I also have a copy. I’ll like to join a team and share what I got so far. Jason, you can count me in.

jason
      Participant

Ok, PM me and we’ll chat. Anyone else is welcome as well 🙂

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Submitted to digg. Maybe this will get some more eyes on it:

http://digg.com/security/Daemon_A_Hacking_Contest_Begins

Don

slimjim100
      Participant

Dug 🙂

Brian

blackazarro
      Participant

Finally!, now I could enjoy Thanksgiving with my family.  🙂

Now I hope that I get a chance to win the signed book.

jason
      Participant

Whew. For those of you trying this, noscript may alter your results in unexpected ways.

blackazarro
      Participant

You got that right!

blackazarro
      Participant

Dug it to see if we can have more people involved in this challenge. Don’t be intimidated, it actually pretty easy. Just closely look at what you have.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?