[Article]-Book Review: Python Forensics

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Don Donzal 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
     Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

After a long love affair with Ruby, I was excited to get back into more Python in the new year. One of my main goals was to build additional skills with Python, and continue to build up skills in defense and response. When Python Forensics: A workbench for inventing and sharing digital forensic technology by Chet Hosmer came out, I was excited about all of the possibilities. There are a number of books about using Python for attacking, but a strong book on building forensics tools is a nice change of pace.

Python Forensics target audience is “anyone who has a desire to learn how to leverage the Python language to forensic and digital investigation problems.” Hosmer hits the target audience well by both having introductory sections that go over some Python basics as well as a number of cookbook-style chapters that have programs to perform a number of different forensic functions. Let’s take a closer look at this Syngress Publishing title.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?