[Article]-Book Review: Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Intro

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Don Donzal 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
     Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

“Georgia, Georgia…” The tune “Georgia on My Mind” was spinning through my head when I was given the chance to review “Penetration%20Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to HackingPenetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking,” a book by Georgia Weidman from No Starch Press. Having watched some of her conference presentations online and knowing the work she’s put into the Smartphone Pentest Framework (SPF), I’ve been looking forward to the opportunity to dive into the book for a while now, and her enthusiasm and efforts made it a worthwhile wait. Amazon’s book description includes the following:

“In Penetration Testing, security expert, researcher, and trainer Georgia Weidman introduces you to the core skills and techniques that every pentester needs. Using a virtual machine-based lab that includes Kali Linux and vulnerable operating systems, you’ll run through a series of practical lessons with tools like Wireshark, Nmap, and Burp Suite. As you follow along with the labs and launch attacks, you’ll experience the key stages of an actual assessment – including information gathering, finding exploitable vulnerabilities, gaining access to systems, post exploitation, and more.”
    So with the new year upon us, this gives everyone the opportunity to dive into a topic whether it be for advancing your current career, jumping into a new one or simply to amaze your friends and families. Hacking news both good and bad are everywhere these days. It’s time for you to get into the game. Find out how Ms. Weidman can help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?