- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 6 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
“Hacking and Penetration Testing with Low Power Devices” by Philip Polstra is an excellent read. The author bases this book on his experiences in both hardware, software and penetration testing and combines the various disciplines to both educate and enlighten the reader. Ultimately, the subject matter revolves around using the BeagleBone Black and a customized ARM penetration testing Linux distro, which Polstra’s dubbed ‘The Deck,’ to perform various types of hacking activities. It’s described as, “A practical guide to performing penetration tests from a distance with low-cost, battery-powered devices.” Oh yeah… just what the doctor ordered.
Let me open by saying that this book struck my “techie geek” nerve. Years and years ago, not too long after I became a computer guy, but far before becoming a professional penetration tester, I managed a Radio Shack store (sad to see they’re going away). I guess you could say I was a maker before it was called that. This book, while discussing pentesting, code, automation and stealth, offers the reader a great experience as he brings them into a world of hardware manipulation, discussions of power consumption, radio communication, and other really cool topics. It truly embraces the mindset of the hacker in a cross-disciplinary way and acts like a perfect bridge for those currently in the computer hacking arena into the exciting wider world of the maker movement. I’m excited to share this experience with you, so let’s get to it.
Sounds good. I’ll read it soon, because i’m also interesting in hardware manipulations and radio communication.
– EH-Net Live! Thurs Oct 29 @ 1:00 PM US ET. Details Coming Soon!
– EH-Net Live! Sept – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Android Hacking Proving Ground!” w/ Kyle Benac from Sept 24.
– EH-Net Live! Aug – Video & Deck Available Now! for “TryHackMe – Behind the Curtain” w/ Ben Spring and Ashu Savani from Aug 27.
– EH-Net Live! June – Video & Deck Available Now! for “CISO Underrepresented” w/ Mark Arnold and Steph Ihezukwu from June 30.
– EH-Net Live! May – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics” w/ Jake Williams from May 28.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Copyright ©2022 Caendra, Inc.