- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 10 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
Backdoors are once again thrust into the forefront with this week’s breaking news that the NSA allegedly hacked Chinese router company Huawei’s servers. Back in October 2012 the House Intelligence Committee accused Huawei, which claims to interconnect one third of the Internet, of embedding backdoors into routers and “posing a national security threat.” And thanks to another Edward Snowden bombshell, we now know that the NSA took their own measures to ensure perpetual access to Huawei routers.
Government espionage is nothing new. Although both sides in the example above dismiss the claims, these recent developments confirm that the location of the battlefield is forever changed. Instead of bullets and bombs, the new intelligence war is being fought with almost imperceptible bursts of electricity. Reminds me of the classic AC/DC song “Dirty Deeds Done Dirty Cheap,” where they poetically proclaim that, “For a fee I’m happy to be your backdoor man.”
– EH-Net Live! Join us on Wed Jan 29 @ 1:00 PM EST for “Shellcode for the Masses“ w/ John Hammond. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! December – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget” w/ Phillip Wylie from Dec 19.
– EH-Net Live! November – Video & Deck Available Now! for “All Things CTF!” w/ Ray Doyle of EverSecCTF from Nov 21.
– EH-Net Live! October – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Hacking Humans” w/ Hadnagy, Paul & Baron from Oct 29.
– EH-Net Live! August – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Wireshark for Hackers” w/ Laura Chappell from Aug 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.