[Article]-August 2012 Free Giveaway Winners of Offensive Security Training

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

The suspense was awesome. OK… some of you I’m sure didn’t think so, but it sure can be interesting from this side of the keyboard. In the end, I think we have a great crop of winners of mixed experience.

Permanent link: [Article]-August 2012 Free Giveaway Winners of Offensive Security Training

[align=center:1rkc2pdw]We Have Winners… 5 in Fact!!

[/align:1rkc2pdw]

Yes, that’s correct. Thanks to long-time friend of EH-Net, Mati Aharoni (AKA muts) of Offensive Security, we were able to offer 5 seats in various courses offered by the makers of BackTrack Linux. The courses offered by OffSec are some of the favorite providers of training in our Community Forums. OffSec now offers 6 courses: Penetration Testing with BackTrack (PWB), Metasploit Unleashed (MSFU), Wireless Attacks (WiFu), Cracking the Perimeter (CTP), Advanced Windows Exploitation (AWE) and Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation (AWAE). The 5 prizes awarded for August:

– PWB + 30 Days of Lab Time + Cert x2
      – WiFu Online + Cert x2
      – CTP + 30 Days of Lab Time + Cert x1

All told, that’s over $3000 worth of prizes! And the winners include 3 old timers and 2 newcomers. It just goes to show that even if you’ve won in the past, it still pays to contribute. Congratulations to Equix3n-, M0wgli, SephStorm, Shadowzero and TTurner. Well done. If you didn’t win this month, don’t fret. I have my eyes on many of you as we move towards the end of the year.

[align=center:1rkc2pdw]Only members are eligible!
      Registration Is FREE![/align:1rkc2pdw]

See you in a couple days with more prizes for October,
      Don

shadowzero
      Participant

Thanks again, and congratulations to the other winners 🙂

m0wgli
      Participant

Thanks Don, really looking forward to starting this one. Congratulations to the other winners as well.  🙂

I’ve enjoyed reading others experiences of the PWB, so I’ll make sure to try and share mine as I “Try Harder”.  🙂

MaXe
      Participant

Congratulations to everyone who won  ;D You all deserved it for making EH-net even better than it already is, and it already is very awesome  🙂

hayabusa
      Participant

Congrats, to a well-deserving group of winners!  Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Xen
      Participant

Thanks for selecting me as one of the winners even though my contribution has been nil lately.
      I will try to contribute more to the forum and also the IT Security industry.

Congrats to all the other winners 🙂

SephStorm
      Participant

Thanks to Don and the EH network, love all you guys, as you can imagine, this is a huge honor for me to have the opportunity to take this class, the OSCP has always been a dream that was a few years out of reach. I never imagined that I would have this opportunity. So, I am preparing for the abuse, I’ll spend the next few days getting back in linux, learning bash scripting *cowers in fear*, and whatever else might give me an edge.

unicityd
      Participant

Congrats guys.

r2s
      Participant

Congratulations you all!. Definitely the one to win this year 🙂

tturner
      Participant

I’m definitely looking forward to the course. (WiFu) Thanks so much Don for thinking of me and it’s a nice validation of my participation here. Grats to all the winners. 🙂

hayabusa
      Participant

Looking forward to your review, tturner.  One of these days (after I retake the exam for OSCE), and finish some other stuff I’ve left outstanding, I might be adding WiFu to my list.  So always good to get more perspectives on it.

UNIX
      Participant

Congrats!

Jamie.R
      Participant

Congrats to you all!!! Despite my best efforts I didn’t win this one whats a shame as I would have love to done this course. You are all very lucky indeed and look forward to your write up and reviews.

dynamik
      Participant

Congrats everyone!

I’ve been able to piece some of this together, but who won what?

@Jamie.R wrote:

Congrats to you all!!! Despite my best efforts I didn’t win this one whats a shame as I would have love to done this course.

Try Harder! 8)

Jamie.R
      Participant

lol I think I need to 😛

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

In the rush to get this live before the end of the month, I was still working out who got what as a couple people wanted to switch. So here’s the list:

Equix3n- – WiFu
      M0wgli – PWB
      SephStorm – PWB
      Shadowzero – CTP
      TTurner – WiFu

Don

rance
      Participant

I has a sad… but congrats to the winners, what a great prize month!

jjwinter
      Participant

Those who won PWB, please share your thoughts as you take the course. I plan to do this sometime Nov-Jan perhaps, and your input would be invaluable to relative newbies like me.

prats84
      Participant

I have taken the course but never got enuf time to practice and finish the course.

There are heaps of articles for PWB in this forum as well as wide internet. I think PWB is one of the most grilling and most hands on pentesting course+labs out in market. The one think is that you need time in your hands if you havent had much of experience with networks and systems. It gets to thinking and at times gets you frustrated when cant get a system, but once you get a root even for the easiest box u will just love the feeling

Also the help from the IRC #offsec guys is just awesome.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?