[Article]-August 2012 Free Giveaway Sponsor – Offensive Security

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

After almost 2.5 years, Offensive Security is back as a Giveaway Sponsor. Let the feeding frenzy begin. Feel free to get creative in spreading the good word of EH-Net, OffSec and the ethical hacking community as a whole. Also, being online training, this makes it easier for our international EH-Netters to accept the prizes!!

Let’s see what you can do…

Permanent link:[Article]-August 2012 Free Giveaway Sponsor – Offensive Security

[align=center:1vrynihe]Win 1 of 5 Offensive Security Courses!!

[/align:1vrynihe]

Yes, that’s correct. Thanks to long-time friend of EH-Net, Mati Aharoni (AKA muts) of Offensive Security, we are able to offer 5 seats in various courses offered by the makers of BackTrack Linux. The courses offered by OffSec are some of the favorite providers of training in our Community Forums. OffSec now offers 6 courses: Penetration Testing with BackTrack (PWB), Metasploit Unleashed (MSFU), Wireless Attacks (WiFu), Cracking the Perimeter (CTP), Advanced Windows Exploitation (AWE) and Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation (AWAE). There are 5 prizes this month:

– PWB + 30 Days of Lab Time + Cert x2
      – WiFu Online + Cert x2
      – CTP + 30 Days of Lab Time + Cert x1

All told, we’re looking at over $3000 worth of prizes! As always, winning is easy . Just become an EH-Net member & give back to the community such as in our discussion forums. Start new discussions, help newbies, report SPAM, tweet our articles. A mix of top contributors both old and new, onsite and off, in front of & behind the scenes… we’ve got our eyes on you! Good luck.

[align=center:1vrynihe]Only members are eligible!
      Registration Is FREE![/align:1vrynihe]

Good luck,
      Don

jjwinter
      Participant

Yar! I’ve been drooling over the PWB course for awhile. Awesome prizes.

Jamie.R
      Participant

ohhhhh I wanna win how does this work is it first name out gets to pick the course they want? as someone might have already done the Wifi course of fill there skills are not upto the CTP?

DataDwarf
      Participant

The Dojo last month and Offensive Security this…

Pretty friggin’ awesome

UNIX
      Participant

That’s a nice one! ๐Ÿ™‚

rance
      Participant

Dang! Can I give back my blackhat badge?!? ๐Ÿ˜‰

hayabusa
      Participant

Might have to step up my game, so I can take WiFu…ย  (Trying to finish OSCE now, but wouldn’t mind adding WiFu, as well…)

rance
      Participant

I’d be all over AWAE or PWB…

hayabusa
      Participant

AWAE not in the list, else, that’d be my pref, too…

(Edit- Not on the list, likely, because it’s still a LIVE-only class)

dynamik
      Participant

@aweSEC wrote:

That’s a nice one! ๐Ÿ™‚

And that’s an understatement! ;D

Jamie.R
      Participant

Yah been waiting ages hoping this was gonna come along wanted to do PWB for like 3 years now but money always been issue just got post post post and pray ๐Ÿ˜›

tylerver
      Participant

So since I am new to this game of cyber security, I am guessing winning ANYTHING of this package would do nothing but help me! So you can count on me posting at least everyday until they email and tell me I’ve won something!

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Quality is better than quantity! But welcome to EH-Net nonetheless.

New to the game of cyber security? So what do you do now and what do you want to do in the future? This might also be answered better by you starting a new thread in the Greetings Board, where new members intro themselves.

Don

tturner
      Participant

Very nice prizes Don, once again. ๐Ÿ™‚

jjwinter
      Participant

How is the winner chosen? Pure random chance? One chance x number of posts? I’d really like to win, but I don’t want to spray the boards with newbie questions and “How are you today?” posts.

DataDwarf
      Participant

@jjwinter

This thread should answer your question:
      http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,54/topic,576.0/

But as Don mentioned earlier; “Quality is better than quantity!”

unicityd
      Participant

Don has posted about this as a response in previous months giveaways.ย  It’s based on participation with some preference for people who have been active in past months.

Triban
      Participant

Awesome prizes this month, thanks Offensive Security!!ย  I don’t know if I want to know now what Don has to do to get these giveaways.ย  Did something happen in Vegas that stayed there?? ๐Ÿ˜€

But seriously, good luck everyone!

@tylerver wrote:

So since I am new to this game of cyber security, I am guessing winning ANYTHING of this package would do nothing but help me! So you can count on me posting at least everyday until they email and tell me I’ve won something!

Agree on the quality vs quantity as well.ย  Simply spamming the boards will not cut it, though spamming them with insightful content and grand debates might.ย  Welcome to the boards and good luck!

Darktaurus
      Participant

Great prizes yet again.ย  Good luck to all the winners of these awesome monthly prizes.ย 

cortexprime
      Participant

Seems like no matter what month it is, the prizes are awesome.

tylerver
      Participant

But with me just starting out in cyber security, how can one validate my contributions to this forum and the field as a whole? Now me working as an Apple Rep for the military community in Germany has many positives for contributing to my local community, it does no good here. So the only thing I can do is read posts, and respond with more questions. But now if the prize givers are looking for a newbie into cyber security that is passionate about computers, then I am the guy. So yes, I am going to make posts on daily, but I don’t think my knowledge of security can contribute to any one persons success, and therefor must try in every way possible to win said prizes, because even the smallest prize that is being given away here can do nothing but make me better!

Jamie.R
      Participant

tylerver its done by posting on this forum so posting good quality material weather than be a discussion topic or a really good tutorial. You say you don’t have much knowledge on security but you might have more than someone even newer to the industry than you and you can answer their question.

You can also ask good question too that will help you learn about security. Maybe you are trying to do a task in your home lab like hmm setting up ssh with a yubico for example so you can try break it. You could do post asking for help if you get stuck or maybe you might find a way to bypassing the yubico that would be interesting for others to read.

Another option could be a review on a book that you have just read.

Hope this helps

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

Best prize so far! Great job Don!

Jamie.R
      Participant

Yah love the free stuff you can get on this site dont see why more people dont get involved.

sh4d0wmanPP
      Participant

I always read a lot here but with a sponsor like this I just had to sign-up haha. This year I started to turn my knowledge into certificates (always good when you meet the HR folks) and of course Offsec certs are something worth having. So regardless of winning they will see me for sure.

Will AWE become available as normal track as well? Right now it links to Blackhat. Very interested in it since web pentesting is my weakness.

MaXe
      Participant

That’s pretty cool, may the best EH-netter win!ย  ;D

UNIX
      Participant

@sh4d0wmanPP wrote:

Will AWE become available as normal track as well? Right now it links to Blackhat. Very interested in it since web pentesting is my weakness.

AWE (Advanced Windows Exploitation) is a live course only. Their Advanced Web Attacks course will most likely become available in an online format by the end of the year.

Jamie.R
      Participant

I think lot people would be interested in their advance web attacks just hope if or when they bring it online it be at price that’s affordable.ย  I really like Offensive course the one thing I dislike is the price and I not saying the amount I saying paying off in one large sum as paying the price if your a company is not a problem but is you a student the price is a bit high to pay off in one large sum.

msantiago2222
      Participant

Thanks for such an amazing offer and would love to have the chance to learn more!ย 

pocman
      Participant

yep this rocks :).

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Still time to impress the judges!! OK, there’s really only one judge, but there still is time. I’m pretty solid with about 2 or 3 of the prizes. But with 5 prizes to give away, there’s lots of ways to nudge your way in the winners’ circle!!

Don

S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

Do you accept cash bribes?ย  LOL….

Jamie.R
      Participant

lol is the going rate not beer tokens ๐Ÿ˜›

hayabusa
      Participant

@SecurityMonkey wrote:

Do you accept cash bribes?ย  LOL….

ย  SURE!ย  Just send me a cash bribe equalling the cost of the course you want to win, and I guarantee you’ll get a seat!ย  ๐Ÿ˜›

jjwinter
      Participant

I can wiggle my ears….

rance
      Participant

Who scored these goodies? Never saw a post…

dynamik
      Participant

The announcement is usually made mid-late the following month. I’m sure it takes awhile to do all the number-crunching, evaluate the bribes, etc. ๐Ÿ˜‰

rance
      Participant

Well crap… i was out-bribed in the beard competition at Defcon. Let’s hope it’s not a pattern… ๐Ÿ™‚

YuckTheFankees
      Participant

I wonder who won the bidding warย  ๐Ÿ˜›

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Almost there… Consuming all of these bribes really puts a person behind schedule. Anyone have any ibuprofen?!?!ย  8)

Don

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ยฉ2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?