Another hacking contest from Offensive Security–How Strong is Your Fu #2

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Xen
      Participant

Offensive Security will be conducting another hacking contest on June 19-20. Titled ‘How Strong is Your Fu for Charity’ this contest requires that you pay $49 to Hackers for charity as part of registration process. The winner will receive one free ticket to Black Hat conference Vegas and runner up will get a free CTP online course, including 30 days of lab time.

Registration will begin on 6th June,

http://www.offensive-security.com/offsec/cyber-hacking-challenge-2-hsiyf-for-charity/

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Damn that was fast. This was on the site faster than I could read the email by muts. All good as it speaks volumes for our members. Thanks.

Looks like another great event, especially being for charity. Help spread the word.

Don

Ketchup
      Participant

Nice!  The last one was a ton of fun!  Since this is the tail end of my vacation, I may be up for this, if my wife can tolerate me not sleeping or showering that weekend. 😉

Any EHnetters doing this?

alan
      Participant

I’m up for this, was fun, yet painful last time!

UNIX
      Participant

🙂

j0rDy
      Participant

Great! it seems that OffSec is investing wisely in ethical hackers! i will have to check my agenda if i can join this one…

alan
      Participant
      j0rDy
      Participant

and again, i’m skipping this one. i’m investing all my time in the OSCP course i’m about to start so good luck to all you EH.net people!

zeroflaw
      Participant

I’m way too busy for this. And this may sound cheap, but I would have at least tried for a couple of hours if it was free :-

impelse
      Participant

interesting

pizza1337
      Participant

I won’t be participating in this one, but if you are have fun. http://www.offensive-security.com/images/offsec-team.png  😀

alan
      Participant

just me!? ketchup?

Ketchup
      Participant

Alan, I am actually not sure if I will be next to a computer long enough that weekend.  I am still working on it.

caissyd
      Participant

I am unfortunately divorced and I have my 2 daughters that weekend…

Damn! I will miss that one too…

secureseve
      Participant

Hmm, damn. Maybe i’ll have to pass. I just paid my eLearnSecurity in full last week and I’m short on money lol. Anyone interested in creating a large EH-net game? I’ll donate hardware lol.

alan
      Participant

Well, this was quite a tricky challenge, for me at least. I did manage to get one of the 5 machines, which was quite an easy linux stack bof for an app called vuln which they provided the source code for. I guarantee everyone on the scoreboard got that one!

Congrats to the winners!
      See the scoreboard http://scoreboard.information-security-training.com/scoreboard/

In the course of the 48 hours 4 of the 5 machines were compromised, with the exception of the deadcow, which I spent way too long poking.

Really looking forward to seeing any write-ups!

alan
      Participant
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?