Anonymous’ mask

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      n3r
      Participant

Everybody knows the Anonymous’ mask. It comes from Alan Moore’s comic V for Vendetta. It’s now a symbol of revolution and protest movement.

So on one hand Anonymous protest against capitalism and on the other hand we have one of the most important company in media : Time Warner.

Indeed, Time Warner has the image rights for “V” so for every single mask sold they have royalty and earn a lot of money as the selling has increased by 179% on Amazon…

So even if Anonymous protest they keep on giving money to a leading company.

So tonight, which mask are you going to wear for Halloween ?  🙂

WCNA
      Participant

Originally, the mask from the movie comes from Guy Fawkes, the English mercenary who tried to kill the King and whose effigy is burned on Nov. 5th every year on Bonfire Night.

This is where the word ‘guy’ comes from, meaning a “grotesquely or poorly dressed person”.

It is ironic though that Time-Warner profits from the sale.

Triban
      Participant

hmmm, wonder if I can recall that large shipment of V masks I sent to Fox news then…. :p

White ghost
      Participant

i think V is symbol for evreyone who want revolution

eth3real
      Participant

Remember, remember, the 5th of November.

😛

I had a big rant about “Anonymous” ready to fire off, but decided it wasn’t worth it. lol

j0rDy
      Participant

got the mask, now i just need the cape  8)

rattis
      Participant

I’m thinking of getting a couple of these:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/85228426/ows-bandana-presale

p0et
      Participant

That’s hilarious.  I’ll take 2 please.  8)

j0rDy
      Participant

i lold when i read this regarding the text that is present on the bandana:

All advice offered on this bandana should not be construed as legal council. Consult a lawyer in the event of any involvement with the law. If you cite a bandana as your legal council in court you will be laughed at by a man in a wig.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?