a word list of numbers

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #7676
      cyber.spirit
      Participant

      hi guys,
      Once again i backed with a question about dictionary attack,
      So i did some researchs and i find out password with all numbers are very common in my country like phone number and so on. So i want a wordlist which covers only numbers up to 10 digits

      Thanx all

    • #47890
      UNIX
      Participant

      You can easily create one with a scripting or programming language. Just use a loop and write each line to a file (or in a variable and write it at the end to a file) or to stdout and pipe it then to a file during execution.

    • #47891
      apollo
      Participant

      If you’re doing this freqeutnly, I’d tke a look at hashcat (http://www.hashcat.net).  It has the ability to do a mask attack, and you can easily setup brute lists with just numbers using the masks.  This saves disk space when you want to enumerate over large groups in a static pattern.
       

    • #47892
      cyber.spirit
      Participant

      @apollo wrote:

      If you’re doing this freqeutnly, I’d tke a look at hashcat (http://www.hashcat.net).  It has the ability to do a mask attack, and you can easily setup brute lists with just numbers using the masks.  This saves disk space when you want to enumerate over large groups in a static pattern.
       

      Great website apollo

    • #47893
      cyber.spirit
      Participant

      hi apollo and other friends:

      apollo i downloaded hashcat but idk why i cant run it and besides its a hash cracker program its not a word list. has anybody a good word list of numbers? i really need it pleeeaasseee

      thanks all.

    • #47894
      hayabusa
      Participant

      cyber.spirit – Please don’t take this rudely (it’s not intended as such)

      aweSEC gave you what you want.  In the time you’ve waited for it, you could easily have scripted a tool to generate your list.  I mean, you originally asked 5 days ago…

    • #47895
      shadowzero
      Participant

      crunch (included in BT5) can easily do this for you.

    • #47896
      cyber.spirit
      Participant

      @hayabusa wrote:

      cyber.spirit – Please don’t take this rudely (it’s not intended as such)

      aweSEC gave you what you want.  In the time you’ve waited for it, you could easily have scripted a tool to generate your list.  I mean, you originally asked 5 days ago…

      Man as  i said i extremely need it. thats why i repeat my question. i know when i posted the topic better than u and as i said i couldnt run hashcat app in windows xp and seven. man im not here for fun im here because im trying harder and harder to become a useful hacker if i am a beginner hacker its not my disadvantage im happy because its easy for u but its so important for me. If i knew atleast a way to have that damn wordlist i promise u i never post that topic or repeat my question because i have no time to waste .

      Cyber.spirit

    • #47897
      cyber.spirit
      Participant

      @shadowzero wrote:

      crunch (included in BT5) can easily do this for you.

      shadowzero thank u. U introduced me a amazing tool but i have a problem im using this command:
      ./crunch 10 10 0123456789 -o example.txt but man it bcomes to a huge file 120 gb
      1- am using correct command?
      2- has it a command to split the file to parts?
      3- u can generate the word list in the crunch terminal window is there a way to import that to other terminal apps like aircrack?
      Thanx again.

    • #47898
      shadowzero
      Participant

      @cyber.spirit wrote:

      @shadowzero wrote:

      crunch (included in BT5) can easily do this for you.

      shadowzero thank u. U introduced me a amazing tool but i have a problem im using this command:
      ./crunch 10 10 0123456789 -o example.txt but man it bcomes to a huge file 120 gb
      1- am using correct command?
      2- has it a command to split the file to parts?
      3- u can generate the word list in the crunch terminal window is there a way to import that to other terminal apps like aircrack?
      Thanx again.

      1. Yes
      2 and 3. Yes. Read the manual.

      Additional reading: http://adaywithtape.blogspot.ca/2011/05/creating-wordlists-with-crunch-v30.html

    • #47899
      hayabusa
      Participant

      @cyber.spirit – I wasn’t taking a stab at you.  The ONLY reason I even mentioned WHEN you posted, was that, in the te time between then and now, I assumed you’d have been able to write a script to do this.

      I understand maybe it’s not as easy for you, and I sympathize.  But something like a bash script, over a full 4-5 days, shouldn’t have taken that much work, nor time to figure out, especially for something like this.  It’s one thing to ask advice, or for a tool (which you did, and props to you for it.)  But if you want to progress, sometimes, diving into something new, and having to work / figure it out is going to happen, even for me.  Sometimes, you can ask for tools all day, but if either they don’t exist, or do, buy are difficult to use, you gotta put in the time, and figure out another way.

      Like I said in my first reply, and I’m saying again now, there was no offense intended.  Just giving you advice.  Sometimes, ESPECIALLY when you get deeper into pentesting, reliance on tools will sink you. Gotta think outside the box.

      If you still don’t have something by tomorrow (I don’t have access to script it, tonight), PM me, and I’ll help you work something out.

    • #47900
      cyber.spirit
      Participant

      ok hayabusa if ur problem is only the delay i must tell u as i said idk what scripting i need. Since i got the has cat program i couldnt run it i googled it and asked it in other forums but i got no answer so i installed a win7 on vm but it didnt worked there too  then i installed winxp sp3 and i got same error. So this troubleshooting takes my time. As i said if im on this topic again i have a valid reason for it thanx and good luck

    • #47901
      cyber.spirit
      Participant

      shadowzero thank you for ur help for the great weblog crunch is awsome finally i generated my wordlist without saveing it im using crunch with hydra aircrack and so on its awsome thanks alot man is much easier and better than scripting wo

    • #47902
      shadowzero
      Participant

      @cyber.spirit wrote:

      shadowzero thank you for ur help for the great weblog crunch is awsome finally i generated my wordlist without saveing it im using crunch with hydra aircrack and so on its awsome thanks alot man is much easier and better than scripting wo

      Congrats 🙂 Regarding your issue with hashcat, I don’t know what your setup is, but you mentioned you had problems running it in Win7/XP. Just for your information, it’s also included in Backtrack. See /pentest/passwords. Works out of the box.

    • #47903
      tturner
      Participant

      For 7 digits as a bash script:

      for i in $(seq 1 9999999); do echo $i >> numbers.txt; done

      Probably one of the easiest loops you could write. Sometimes I wish we had a little bit more of the Offsec “Try Harder” mentality here. It’s one thing to help the newbie and give them a direction, quite another to completely spoonfeed. Consider yourself spoonfed.

    • #47904
      hayabusa
      Participant

      I was thinking that way, as well, but it would need some additions, if zero (0) is permissible in ANY of the possible places, in each outcome…

      So you could start with that, and put in some if’s IN the sequence, below it, such that if i was less than 10, also echo it with 0 prepended, then 00, then 000, then 0000,up to 9 zeroes (to accommodate 10 places) then if i less than 100, prepend zeroes from one to eight places…  and so forth, and so on…

      (Note – STILL spoonfed)

    • #47905
      tturner
      Participant

      Yeah you could definitely make it more complex and my script would not work if you needed all 7 (or 10) spaces occupied by a number, but I read it as an ascending word list starting at 0 or 1 and ending at some number. That’s actually taken from a script I commonly use to build IP address lists for tools that can target such lists as a file but don’t have the capability to define at stdin.

      for i in $(seq 1 255); do echo 192.168.100.$i >> hostlist.txt; done

      So I got lazy myself, but the point is people need to actually try to figure things out on their own before they come asking for help. I’ll be the first to admit I’m a novice but at least I put forth a minimum of effort.

    • #47906
      dynamik
      Participant

      @hayabusa wrote:

      I was thinking that way, as well, but it would need some additions, if zero (0) is permissible in ANY of the possible places, in each outcome…

      So you could start with that, and put in some if’s IN the sequence, below it, such that if i was less than 10, also echo it with 0 prepended, then 00, then 000, then 0000,up to 9 zeroes (to accommodate 10 places) then if i less than 100, prepend zeroes from one to eight places…  and so forth, and so on…

      (Note – STILL spoonfed)

      I think the OSCE has gotten you in the habit of trying too hard 😉

      for i in `for ((j=9999999999; j>1; j/=10)); do echo $j; done | sort`; do seq -w 0 $i; done 😉

    • #47907
      hayabusa
      Participant

      @tturner – I FULLY agree!

      @ajohnson – yeah, ’twas a long weekend (will be studying for attempt 2, as didn’t have enough points to pass on first attempt at OSCE)  I honestly hadn’t even thought about that approach.

    • #47908
      cyber.spirit
      Participant

      @tturner wrote:

      Yeah you could definitely make it more complex and my script would not work if you needed all 7 (or 10) spaces occupied by a number, but I read it as an ascending word list starting at 0 or 1 and ending at some number. That’s actually taken from a script I commonly use to build IP address lists for tools that can target such lists as a file but don’t have the capability to define at stdin.

      for i in $(seq 1 255); do echo 192.168.100.$i >> hostlist.txt; done

      So I got lazy myself, but the point is people need to actually try to figure things out on their own before they come asking for help. I’ll be the first to admit I’m a novice but at least I put forth a minimum of effort.

      Ok tturner as you know making wordlists with crunch is easier but i have problem with crunch’s wordlist i cant input it in hydra (even i save it as txt file). So i want to try ur script too but the problem is idk which scripting language u used to for ur script. As it has echo and and >>file.txt i think i can run it as a linux terminal batch file, am i right? If im not tell a way to run ur script to create the wordlist thank u so much.

      CyberSpirit

    • #47909
      shadowzero
      Participant

      @cyber.spirit wrote:

      Ok tturner as you know making wordlists with crunch is easier but i have problem with crunch’s wordlist i cant input it in hydra (even i save it as txt file). So i want to try ur script too but the problem is idk which scripting language u used to for ur script. As it has echo and and >>file.txt i think i can run it as a linux terminal batch file, am i right? If im not tell a way to run ur script to create the wordlist thank u so much.

      CyberSpirit

      It’s a bash script. Yes, you run it on Linux, or if you use Windows, cygwin should be able to handle it.

    • #47910
      hayabusa
      Participant

      @cyber.spirit –

      Or use ajohnson’s (it’ll make sure you get all iterations) with one small tweak at the end to stick them in a file.  Run it right at a command prompt in Backtrack:

      root@bt:~/Desktop/# for i in `for ((j=9999999999; j>1; j/=10)); do echo $j; done | sort`; do seq -w 0 $i; done > numberlist.txt

      numberlist.txt will contain all the iterations (including all those that start with a 0, or multiple 0’s, and the numberlist.txt file will end up in your current working directory.

      (Again, this is assuming you want all the numbers, including those with preceding 0’s)

      Edit – and it’s bash, also, if you want to put it into a script to save

    • #47911
      cyber.spirit
      Participant

      ok hayabusa thanx let me try it

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?