- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 5 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
just wanted to make sure that no one falls for the latest attack vector from the lads from Lagos, seems they’re moving away from E-mail and now using multimedia to entice their victims. El Reg has a sample here.
Don’t get caught out,
P.S. yes I’m not sure if it’s a spoof either, but the genuine scams are that hard to believe in the first place how would you tell?
This is such a part of their culture, that even rap groups have videos on 419, and on both sides of the argument. One one side they rap about how much money they make & how stupid Americans are. There’s also groups singing about how not everyone from African countries are scammers.
I’m not going to post them here. You guys are all ‘ethical’ hackers. You can find them.
Another way to find out more is to watch McAfee’s Stop H*Commerce site with a documentary and other info on this very subject. I’ll start a new thread on it.
The vid cracks me up. 😀 I think the emails are more believable than the YouTube vids. I like the comment about British people are good Christians, could it be that British Pounds are more favorable? The scammers could have a job acting in a big budget movie.
Now, what did I do with that Bot Master password 😉
– EH-Net Live! Join us on Wed Jan 29 @ 1:00 PM EST for “Shellcode for the Masses“ w/ John Hammond. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! December – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget” w/ Phillip Wylie from Dec 19.
– EH-Net Live! November – Video & Deck Available Now! for “All Things CTF!” w/ Ray Doyle of EverSecCTF from Nov 21.
– EH-Net Live! October – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Hacking Humans” w/ Hadnagy, Paul & Baron from Oct 29.
– EH-Net Live! August – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Wireshark for Hackers” w/ Laura Chappell from Aug 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.