SANS Chicago 2013
SANS returns to the Palmer House in downtown Chicago – our campus for SANS Chicago 2013 this October. We are bringing our top-rated courses for your training needs. Taught by SANS top instructors, this event offers an opportunity to learn, network, and practice career-boosting hands-on skills in a more intimate setting. All of the courses at SANS Chicago 2013 are associated with a GIAC Certification. Complete your SANS training experience with a GIAC certification attempt; put the skills you’ll learn to practical use and join nearly 50,000 GIAC certified professionals who make the infosec industry safe. Visit the Certification links on the main page for more information and to register for your certification attempt today.
5% OFF Any SANS Course in Any Format!
Coupon Code: EHN_05
Earn your Master’s Degree at SANS Technology Institute (STI). Take classes in Information Security Management (MSISM) or Engineering (MSISE). Visit http://www.sans.edu to find out more. Apply today!
For the third year our campus is the Palmer House Hilton Hotel. Attendees have enjoyed this wonderful 140-year-old hotel that has undergone renovations to enhance the spectacular decor. A special discounted rate of $219 S/D will be honored based on space availability. Government per diem rooms are available with proper ID; you will need to call reservations and ask for the SANS government rate. These rates include high speed Internet in your room and are only available through October 4, 2013.
Travelers to this city find that downtown Chicago is friendly, clean, and safe; and people that you meet want you to share their love of their city! A downtown hotel provides easy access to Lake Michigan in all its grandeur where you can stroll Millennium and Grant Parks to see incredible sculptures and gardens. You are close to the Art Institute of Chicago and Macy’s on State Street; and you are just blocks from the Magnificent Mile, Water Tower Place, The Shops of Northbridge, and The 900 Shops. Of course there is much, much more with the following attractions also being close to the hotel: Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, and Field Museum, and all the great dining, theater, symphony, and opera that comes with a major US city.
When you attend SANS Chicago 2013, you will see the SANS promise in action – what you learn in the classroom, you will be able to use immediately upon returning to the office.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into four categories:
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Vendor: Events hosted by external vendor exhibitors.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- SEC401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style
- SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling
- SEC575: Mobile Device Security and Ethical Hacking
- FOR408: Computer Forensic Investigations – Windows In-Depth
- MGT414: SANS +S Training Program for the CISSP Certification Exam
- MGT525: IT Project Management, Effective Communication, and PMP Exam Prep
- AUD507: Auditing Networks, Perimeters, and Systems