Rochester Security Summit 2013
Rochester Security Summit 2013 is the premier Information Security conference in Western New York. The conference will be held on October 22-23, 2013 at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Rochester, NY. The Rochester Security Summit is a community focal point for education and awareness in collaboration with higher education, business and industry partners, held during National Cyber Security Awareness Month.
Our keynote speakers this year are:
- Bruce Schneier – Renowned Security Technologist and CSTO of BT
- Lance Spitzner – Training Director, SANS Securing The Human Program
The Rochester Security Summit 2013 will feature four professional educational tracks:
- The Technical Track is designed for technical system and network security professionals as well as technical information technology professionals including system and network administrators. Topics include network penetration testing, technical security standards and best practice, intrusion detection, network and system forensics, incident handling, technical hacking and attack techniques, protecting the network, systems, devices and services that form the infrastructure for our organizations.
- The Business Track is designed to help business and IT leaders understand current and emerging security issues, how they impact our organizations and how other security thought leaders are protecting their organizations. This track features management topics that are vital for business professionals and organizational leaders to understand including security strategies, risk management, threat trends, legal issues, business continuity, security compliance and standards.
- The Audit and Compliance Track is designed to help business, technical, and network security professionals understand regulations and standards driving audits and the audit process. It’s likely that attendees will be pulled into an audit at some point in their careers and this track will help them prepare and achieve positive outcomes.
- The InfraGard/Cybercrime Track is designed to promote information sharing between private industry and the government, particularly the FBI. Topics to be covered will focus on cybercrime and law enforcement. This track is new for 2013 and is jointly sponsored between the ISSA and InfraGard Rochester chapters.
- The Solutions & Demonstrations Track is designed for all attendees to have an opportunity to meet with individual sponsors in a quieter, focused presentation space. Sponsors may use this time for a variety of purposes including sales oriented activities. Attendees can view software tool demonstrations, dive into detailed case studies, and workshop questions or requirements with experts.