Complex Voldersstraat, 9000 Gent
BruCON is an annual security and hacker conference providing two days of an interesting atmosphere for open discussions of critical infosec issues, privacy, information technology and its cultural/technical implications on society. Organized in Belgium, BruCON 2013 offers a high quality line up of speakers, security challenges and interesting workshops. BruCON 2013 is a conference by and for the security and hacker community.
The conference tries to create bridges between the various actors active in computer security world, included but not limited to hackers(*), security professionals, security communities, non-profit organizations, CERTs, students, law enforcement agencies, etc.
Current list of speakers at BruCON 2013
- Justine Aitel – Head of Digital Infrastructure and Security at Dow Jones
- Dan Guido – CEO of Trail of Bits
- Aloria – .NET: The Framework, the Myth, the Legend
- Tiago Balgan Henriques – Realtime analysis and visualization of internet status : from malware to compromised machines.
- Robert Graham – Data-plane networking
- Jake Valletta – CobraDroid
- David Perez/Jose Pico – Geolocation of GSM mobile devices, even if they do not want to be found.
- Russ Gideon – Paint by Numbers vs. Monet
- Arron Finnon – NIDS/NIPS : What is the OSNIF project?
- Erin Jacobs – Taking the BDSM out of PCI-DSS through open-source solutions
- Gene Kim, Alex Hutton, David Mortman, Kris Buytaert, Patrick Debois – A panel on DevOPS and Security
- Stephane Chenette – Firedrill : offensive defense to better protect your network.
- Vaagu Toukharian – HTTP Time Bandit
- Ioannis Koniaris – Analyzing Internet Attacks with Honeypots
- Christopher Lytle – Crypto by example – A hands-on cryptography workshop
- Carlos G. Prado – Automating RE with Python
- Sandor Pereiro de Melo – Kudo : Post Mortem Forensic Analysis with FLOSS tools 2.0
- Willi Ballenthin/Michael Sikorski – Winter Cluster: Builiding a malware ‘agglomerator’
- Didier Stevens – Advanced Excel Hacking
Immerse yourself into the world of pen testing and application security by attending the BruCON 2013 Trainings. Offering world-class, deep-dive technical trainings given by the most recognized experts with huge industry experience in their domain! Download the BruCON 2013 Training Flyer
The Final Line-Up:
- Offensive Techniques by Russ Gideon (3 days 23-25 Sep)
- Pentesting Smart Grid and SCADA with SamuraiSTFU by Justin Searle (3 days 23-25 Sep)
- Hacking PDF by Didier Stevens (2 days 24-25 Sep)
- Lessons in Mobile Penetration Testing by Zach Lanier (2 days 24-25 Sep)
- The Art of Exploiting Injection Flaws by Sumit Siddharth (2 days 24-25 Sep)
- Practical Malware Analysis: Rapid Introduction by Michael Sikorski (2 days 24-25 Sep)
How did BruCON start?
BruCON is organized as a non-profit event by volunteers. A group of security enthusiasts decided that it was time in Belgium to have its own security and hacker conference. A lot of countries around the world have these kind of conferences to discuss and present research on computer security and related subject matters. We want to unite people who share the same passion and support the Belgian (research) communities, with BruCON as a yearly highlight. We are not professional organizers and started this as a non-profit organization. We all have full time jobs and dedicate a lot of our free time to this project. Everyone is welcome to join us and help!!