The German OWASP chapter invites you to join top security architects, developers, technology thought leaders, and executives from Fortune 500 firms to the OWASP AppSec EU Research 2013 global conference in the beautiful city of Hamburg, Germany from August 20–23. This conference is an opportunity to hear about the latest research on a myriad of topics related to web security, as well as establish connections between developers, security experts, and business leaders who are all stakeholders in ensuring applications are as secure as possible.
- Trainings: August 20-21
- Conference: August 22-23
OWASP is the foremost web app security organization in the world, with thousands of members globally, including some of the biggest names in the industry. The goals of OWASP are to make web applications safe and to educate users, developers, governments, and business leaders on how to protect vulnerable information and avoid dangerous hacks that can cost millions of Euros to fix. Our members freely dedicate their time and knowledge to this effort and our conferences have become must-attend events for those interested in protecting private information.
With a large and active membership base, OWASP Germany is proud to host this year’s conference in one of Germany’s most beautiful cities, Hamburg. Known for media and innovation, it’s the ideal location to discuss game-changing research and make new connections. While attending the conference, you will have a panoramic view of the city, while overlooking the Elbe River at the centrally located Emporio Hamburg, which is considered one of Hamburg’s landmark buildings.
Overview of AppSec EU Research 2013
- Cutting-edge topics presented by renowned security professionals from industry and academia.
- Trainings and speeches on a variety of security topics including: web security, mobile security, cloud security, vulnerability analysis, defense and much more
- Premier gathering place for executives from Fortune Global 500 companies and technology thought leaders
- Group sessions, panel discussions, workshops and learning opportunities for developers, business owners and security experts
- Learn and network for four days, while taking in a panoramic view of one of Germany’s most beautiful cities at a top Hamburg landmark
We’re using the term Research to emphasize the research character of parts of this conference. We’ll have one separate track for security researchers presenting their latest findings and meet and discuss with the audience.
What happened to “AppSecEU”?
Nothing, it’s still alive and kicking. Actually you are looking at the very web site. We’re using AppSec Research in 2013 as a synonym to AppSecEU, as it has been 2010 already. In 2011 we didn’t have a research track, so AppSec Research was not used.