- This event has passed.
September 11, 2019 - September 13, 2019
44CON 2019 is an Information Security Conference & Training event taking place in London. Designed to provide something for the business and technical Information Security professional.
Why do 44CON 2019?
To bring the best in international Security training + speaking (as well as the best of local talent) to the UK at a reasonable cost.
44CON is located in London, which allows for a wide variety of security professionals to attend from the UK, Europe and further afield.
At the bigger conferences, getting time with top class security speakers is limited. At 44CON, you have great access to speakers, who are all willing to spend time and talk about their work. This is where interesting partnerships can occur.
44CON 2019 Talks and Workshops
44CON Main Track Talks
- 4G to 5G – Cellular Security Myths and the Reality – Matt Summers
- BYOI (Bring Your Own Interpreter) payloads: Fusing the powah of .NET with a scripting language of your choosing – Marcelo Salvati
- Cold War Cryptography – Klaus Schmeh
- Dial V for Vulnerable: Attacking VoIP Phones – Philipp Roskosch, Stephan Huber
- EternalGlue – Rewriting NotPetya for corporate use – Aaron Adams, Cedric Halbronn, James Fisher
- Hunting Bugs, Catching Dragons – Nicolas Joly
- I’m unique, just like you: Human side-channels and their implications for security and privacy – Matt Wixey
- Making Something Out Of Nothing – Chris Wade
- Mundane office equipment: The front door to persistence on enterprise networks – Daniel Romero, Mario Rivas
- One Person Army – Playbook on how to be the first Security Engineer at a company – Kashish Mittal
- Outsourcing global cyber norms? The case for a multilateral collaboration model for the development and enforcement of rules for responsible behaviour in cyberspace – Kat Sommer
- Security Research Teams: How to manage, grow and retain them – Guy Barnhart-Magen
- Spyware, Ransomware and Worms. How to prevent the next SAP tragedy – Jordan Santarsieri
- Throw Open The Gates: Trading Control for Visibility – Kyle Tobener, Alessandro Lapucci
- The billion dollar IoT attack no one knows about – Tony Gee, Vangelis Stykas
- Turla LightNeuron: One Email away from Remote Code Execution – Matthieu Faou
- IBM/Trusteer Rapport: Does IBM (I)ntentionally (B)ackdoor (M)achines? – Neil Kettle
- Rebalance Every 10,000 Kilometers – J. Wolfgang Goerlich
We have fewer workshops this year due to space changes, but will be holding further workshops in our village hall. Details will be added closer to the date.
- Car Hacking Village – CAN bus basics with hands on fuzzing – Ian Tabor
- Introduction to GLIBC heap exploitation – Max Kamper
- Logging Made Easy – Duncan Atkin and NCSC representatives
- RFID Hacking Tools Workshop – Chrissy Morgan
44CON Village Hall Track
The village hall is a new space we’re using to run a semi-unconference track. This is a space for community sponsors, regular sponsors, backup speakers and other people we invite to run workshops, activities and other sessions outside of the CFP process. Think of it as a vendor hall track without the infosuck, and sometimes without the vendors too. This section will be updated as activities are added.
- Owning The Cloud Through SSRF – Cody Brocious
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Bounties: Attacking development pipelines for actual profit – Alex Chapman
- Automating user interaction with Sheepl: Soup to Nuts – Matt Lorentzen
- Breaking Badge: A 101 Crash Course Smart Card Hacking Workshop – Tim Wilkes and Phyushin
- Here be dragons… the AWS S3 logging minefields – Kieren Nicolas Lovell
- Scout Suite – A Multi-Cloud Security Auditing Tool – Xavier Garceau-Aranda
44CON Mental Health Village
The Mental Health Hackers are running a Mental Health Village, which will feature various talks and activities. The following talks are being run within the Mental Health Village. J. Wolfgang Goerlich’s talk is a Mental Health Village talk, but is currently scheduled for Track 2, so is not shown here.2019 europe event uk