Register Now for a Roadmap to a Cyber Security Career!
Rey Bango of Microsoft offers an introspective look at the decision to change careers, what it took to get there, maintaining a work-life balance and the highs and lows on the road less traveled. Join us live for a very personal story of tribulations, training and triumph in this FREE EH-Net Live! webinar on Thursday February 21, 2019 at 1:00 PM US Eastern. Join us live to receive certificates for easy submission of CPEs!
It’s pretty clear that the skills gap in the InfoSec industry is a real thing. But having a multitude of opportunities available to someone with the right skills is a good thing, but it’s not the only thing. A confluence of events is what pushes someone to make the ultimate professional leap and even contemplate the road not taken. This is one person’s journey. Hopefully it will inspire you to find your path!
#MyInfoSecStory Contest by eLearnSecurity
Speaking of inspiring… You can share your InfoSec story by participating in a new contest by eLearnSecurity. The #MyInfoSecStory Contest is open now and continues until Feb 20th 11:59 PM EST. Here’s what you do:
- Write YOUR story and how one of eLearnSecurity’s courses is/has helped you
- Post at least 100 words publicly on LinkedIn with the hashtag #MyInfoSecStory to enter for a chance to win:
- 1 Free Training Course in Elite Edition
- 1 Free Training Course in Full Edition
- 1 Free Training Course in Barebone Edition
- Winners can choose from all of our existing training courses
- Must be posted on LinkedIn no later than February 20th, 11.59 pm EST.
- Results will be announced the next day, February 21st, at 1:00 pm EST, during this EH-Net Live! webinar
For full details, visit the eLS blog post, “#MyInfoSecStory Contest: Win The Course Of Your Choice“.
Agenda for “From Dev to InfoSec: #MyInfoSecStory”:
Note: Subject to Change
- Intro by Don Donzal, EH-Net Editor-in-Chief
- Preso by Rey Bango of Microsoft
- The Spark
- The Road Not Taken
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Career Opportunities
- Building Your Skillset
- It’s the Journey
- Winners of eLS #MyInfoSecStory Contest
- Post Game on EH-Net
Although this is a free event, registration is required. Capacity is limited so join early. Our virtual doors to the webinar open 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. Feel free to invite your friends and colleagues that might also be interested in learning AI for hackers.
EH-Net Live! February 2019 – Guest Bio
Rey Bango, an EH-Net Columnist, was a developer advocate at Microsoft focused on helping developers build awesome cross-browser experiences. He’s an ardent supporter of standards-based development and open-source development. He’s taken an interest in information security, especially appsec, and wants to help build more secure experiences. With determination, he is now a Microsoft Security Advocate and Ambassador for Bugcrowd. You can also find him on Twitter @ReyBango.
For videos and slide decks of all of our previous webinars, see the EH-Net Live! Archive.Tags: 2019bangocareereh-net live!infosec