As a reminder, Lesson 1 was a primer on electronics and setting up your lab, and Lesson 2 was...
Archive for category: Sindermann
Article archive for Ian Sindermann on The Ethical Hacker Network (EH-Net), Free Online Magazine and Community for Security Professionals.
Ian Sindermann is an Associate Security Analyst at Independent Security Evaluators (ISE), as well as a researcher for ISE’s newly formed research division, ISE Labs. His day-to-day duties include conducting rigorous security assessments on a wide variety of web applications, researching the security posture of various IoT devices, and sharing knowledge whenever possible. His background is somewhat varied, with a primarily self-taught education, prior experience as a wannabe Linux admin, and a childhood spent as a traveling performer. Interests include hardware hacking, legacy systems, mainframes, and whatever tech obscurities he can get his hands on.
Welcome back to our ongoing series on hardware hacking and our second lesson. Last month we presented “Lesson 1:...
Hardware hacking is one of those subjects that a lot of hackers appear to have great interest, but most...
– EH-Net Live! “CISO Underrepresented“ w/ Mark Arnold and Steph Ihezukwu on Tues June 30 @ 1:00 PM US ET. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! May – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics” w/ Jake Williams from May 28.
– EH-Net Live! April – Video & Deck Available Now! for “IoT Hacking 101 – Firmware Funhouse!” w/ Village IDIOT Labs from April 23.
– EH-Net Live! March – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Deepfakes – A Technical Peek Behind the Curtain” w/ Alyssa Miller from March 31.
– EH-Net Live! January – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Shellcode for the Masses” w/ John Hammond from Jan 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
EH-Net YouTube Channel
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Video: CISO Underrepresented July 31, 2020
- BBP: You’ve Just Been Promoted… June 24, 2020
- Webinar: CISO Underrepresented June 18, 2020
- Video: Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics June 18, 2020
- Webinar: Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics May 15, 2020
- Video: IoT Hacking 101 – Firmware Funhouse April 29, 2020
- Webinar: IoT Hacking 101 – Firmware Funhouse April 10, 2020
- Video: Deepfakes – A Technical Peek Behind the Curtain April 9, 2020
Featured Community Articles
Pentesting with a Raspberry Pi! January 8, 2020
For years now I have been a huge proponent of the Raspberry Pi. I started with a Raspberry Pi 2, which required a USB WiFi dongle for wireless, to a Raspberry Pi 3b with onboard WiFi. Later I would get a pair of Raspberry Pi Zero W's, and finally, this past summer, the newly released Raspberry P...
From Politics to Penetration Testing December 20, 2019
Not all politicians are lifers, said no politician ever. Until now. It was a mere 12 months ago that I left the political realm after losing a run for the Ohio General Assembly, after serving three years as Mayor of my community. I had spent most of the preceding 15 years as a public servant. Fr...
I’m Just Not Smart Enough to Work in Tech June 3, 2019
“You work in tech! Wow, you must be so smart. I wish I was that smart. I'm just not smart enough to work in tech.” That’s what I used to say to people when I would get asked why I wasn’t in the same field and making the same money they were. After all I only had a GED, and I didn’t care...
Data Driven Security Awareness Training May 14, 2019
Security awareness training can be a somewhat touchy subject. For those who administer it, it can often feel like just one more task to keep track of. It can feel similar to the employees who must undergo the training, especially for those who feel like their jobs don’t have a direct impact on the...
DC-1 Vulnhub Walkthrough May 14, 2019
DC-1 Vulnhub - Description DC-1 is a purposely built vulnerable lab for the purpose of gaining experience in the world of penetration testing. It was designed to be a challenge for beginners, but just how easy it is will depend on your skills and knowledge, and your ability to learn. To successfull...
See All Community Articles
active 11 minutes ago
active 28 minutes ago
active 34 minutes ago
active 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
active 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
active 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
active 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
active 4 hours, 3 minutes ago
active 4 hours, 25 minutes ago
active 4 hours, 57 minutes ago
Recent Forum Topics
How Do I Reset/Change Yahoo Password?
by sam rise
2 days, 1 hour ago
Video: CISO Underrepresented
by Don Donzal
8 hours, 49 minutes ago
Looking for wireless headphones
6 days, 20 hours ago
Stucking on sign a ECDS Cookie NEED HELP
1 month ago
1 month ago
BBP: You’ve Just Been Promoted…
by Steph Ihezukwu
1 month, 1 week ago
Webinar: CISO Underrepresented
by Don Donzal
7 hours, 36 minutes ago
Video: Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics
by Don Donzal
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Kali pentesting assignment
2 months ago
Webinar: Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics
by Don Donzal
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Recent Forum Replies
- Samantha Smith on Video: Inside the MSRC – Blue Team, Bug Bounties & IR
- Patricia Brown on Webinar: CISO Underrepresented
- Tom Hiddleston on Video: CISO Underrepresented
- serialkeypremium on Need Everyone’s Feedback!!
- manju agarwal on Free eLearnSecurity PTS invites
- horasmop on track deleted chat messages on WhatsApp
- robt1996hotmail-com on Free eLearnSecurity PTS invites
- Trek Oath on Help needed understanding memory locations in gdb
- Don Donzal on final project + advises
- Edward Jimenez on Video: IoT Hacking 101 – Firmware Funhouse