Learn from Some of the World’s Most Interesting Human Hackers! Video and Slide Deck from EH-Net Live! October 2019 Long before...
Archive for category: Hadnagy
Article archive for Chris Hadnagy on The Ethical Hacker Network (EH-Net), Free Online Magazine and Community for Security Professionals.
Christopher Hadnagy, is the founder and CEO of Social-Engineer, LLC. Chris possesses over 16 years experience as a practitioner and researcher in the security field. His efforts in training, education, and awareness have helped to expose social engineering as the top threat to the security of organizations today.
Chris established the world’s first social engineering penetration testing framework at www.social-engineer.org, providing an invaluable repository of information for security professionals and enthusiasts. That site grew into a dynamic web resource including a podcast and newsletter, which have become staples in the security industry and are referenced by large organizations around the world. Chris also created the first hands-on social engineering training course and certification, Advanced Practical Social Engineering, attended by law enforcement, military, and private sector professionals.
A sought-after writer and speaker, Chris has spoken and trained at events such as RSA, Black Hat, and various presentations for corporate and government clients. Chris is also the best-selling author of three books; Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking, Unmasking the Social Engineer: The Human Element of Security and Phishing Dark Waters: The Offensive and Defensive Sides of Malicious Emails.
Chris has been invited to the Pentagon to debrief 30+ general officers and government officials on social engineering and its effect on the United States.
Chris specializes in understanding how malicious attackers exploit human communication and trust to obtain access to information and resources through manipulation and deceit. His goal is to secure companies by educating them on the methods used by attackers, identifying vulnerabilities, and mitigating issues through appropriate levels of awareness and security.
Chris is a certified Expert Level graduate of Dr. Paul Ekman’s Micro Expressions courses, having made the study of non-verbal behaviors one of his specialties. In addition, he holds certifications as an Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) and an Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP).
– EH-Net Live! “Deepfakes – A Technical Peek Behind the Curtain” w/ Alyssa Miller on Tues March 31 @ 1:00 PM ET. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! August – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Shellcode for the Masses” w/ John Hammond from Jan 29.
– EH-Net Live! December – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget” w/ Phillip Wylie from Dec 19.
– EH-Net Live! November – Video & Deck Available Now! for “All Things CTF!” w/ Ray Doyle of EverSecCTF from Nov 21.
– EH-Net Live! October – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Hacking Humans” w/ Hadnagy, Paul & Baron from Oct 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
EH-Net YouTube Channel
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
- Webinar: Deepfakes – A Technical Peek Behind the Curtain March 18, 2020
- WMI 101 for Pentesters February 13, 2020
- Video: Shellcode for the Masses February 3, 2020
- BBP: My Path to the CISO Chair January 17, 2020
- Webinar: Shellcode for the Masses January 15, 2020
- Pentesting with a Raspberry Pi! January 8, 2020
- Tshark: 7 Tips on Wireshark’s Command-Line Packet Capture Tool January 8, 2020
- Video: Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget December 27, 2019
Featured Community Articles
Pentesting with a Raspberry Pi! January 8, 2020
For years now I have been a huge proponent of the Raspberry Pi. I started with a Raspberry Pi 2, which required a USB WiFi dongle for wireless, to a Raspberry Pi 3b with onboard WiFi. Later I would get a pair of Raspberry Pi Zero W's, and finally, this past summer, the newly released Raspberry P...
From Politics to Penetration Testing December 20, 2019
Not all politicians are lifers, said no politician ever. Until now. It was a mere 12 months ago that I left the political realm after losing a run for the Ohio General Assembly, after serving three years as Mayor of my community. I had spent most of the preceding 15 years as a public servant. Fr...
I’m Just Not Smart Enough to Work in Tech June 3, 2019
“You work in tech! Wow, you must be so smart. I wish I was that smart. I'm just not smart enough to work in tech.” That’s what I used to say to people when I would get asked why I wasn’t in the same field and making the same money they were. After all I only had a GED, and I didn’t care...
Data Driven Security Awareness Training May 14, 2019
Security awareness training can be a somewhat touchy subject. For those who administer it, it can often feel like just one more task to keep track of. It can feel similar to the employees who must undergo the training, especially for those who feel like their jobs don’t have a direct impact on the...
DC-1 Vulnhub Walkthrough May 14, 2019
DC-1 Vulnhub - Description DC-1 is a purposely built vulnerable lab for the purpose of gaining experience in the world of penetration testing. It was designed to be a challenge for beginners, but just how easy it is will depend on your skills and knowledge, and your ability to learn. To successfull...
See All Community Articles
active 25 minutes ago
active 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
active 4 hours, 24 minutes ago
active 5 hours ago
active 6 hours, 13 minutes ago
active 6 hours, 41 minutes ago
active 7 hours, 21 minutes ago
active 8 hours, 5 minutes ago
active 8 hours, 34 minutes ago
active 8 hours, 36 minutes ago
Recent Forum Topics
Webinar: Deepfakes – A Technical Peek Behind the Curtain
by Don Donzal
1 week, 3 days ago
Ethical Hacking certification
by Isabel Carro
1 week, 3 days ago
WireX DDoS Android Malware Question
1 week, 5 days ago
best use of cert funding for beginner?
2 weeks, 2 days ago
3 weeks, 5 days ago
WMI 101 For Pentesters
1 week, 5 days ago
Video: Shellcode for the Masses
by Don Donzal
3 weeks, 4 days ago
BBP: My Path to the CISO Chair
by Steph Ihezukwu
2 months ago
Webinar: Shellcode for the Masses
by Don Donzal
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Which popular browsers have a built in China VPN
2 months, 1 week ago
Recent Forum Replies
- bane on Security Assumptions – Don’t Make an ASS of U and ME
- Don Donzal on best use of cert funding for beginner?
- Don Donzal on PenTesting Issue
- Aana Nahum on The Evaluation: Stage 4 – Determining the Outcome
- neocortex on Learn networking before pen testing?
- avast-nederland on WMI 101 For Pentesters
- paulinecorbeil on Welcome to the EH-Net Relaunch
- paulinecorbeil on CSRF Black Box Testing
- Don Donzal on Webinar: Shellcode for the Masses
- kethmini on Webinar: Shellcode for the Masses