It seems in media today, the rise of ransomware has plateaued and remained painstakingly prevalent , targeting the most...
Archive for category: Brown
Article archive for MacKenzie Brown on The Ethical Hacker Network (EH-Net), Free Online Magazine and Community for Security Professionals.
MacKenzie Brown brings both technical and research experience to her position as an Enterprise Incident Management Consultant, where she focuses on providing clients with proactive and reactive services in order to assess their incident response capability, effectively navigate through breaches, and ultimately design a strategic program roadmap for improved overall posture maturity. In her previous role as a Research Principal at Optiv, Brown focused on developing enterprise security program frameworks and strategic deliverables which provide model, direction, and development for implementing security solutions against emerging threats. Brown is a subject matter expert in compliance and risk management, policy implementation, incident response, and cybersecurity program deployment. Brown also has practical experience in ICS/SCADA security protocols and assessment. She leverages her program development skills with her expertise and charismatic disposition for developing business, partner, and client relationships. Brown is a member of many information security community associations and regularly contributes to security organizations, holds industry certifications, has been regularly published writing on topics specific to business needs in cybersecurity, and has founded and runs an Idaho non-profit, The Ms. GreyHat Organization, that focuses on transforming the culture of cybersecurity through the empowerment of women and initiatives for developing early year cybersecurity education.
My expertise is not necessarily laden in the land of career counseling, hiring standards, and education recommendations. However, anecdotally,...
43 years ago, a small team led by Chuck Peddle changed the way society computes today. In 1975, encased...
– EH-Net Live! Thurs Oct 29 @ 1:00 PM US ET. Details Coming Soon!
– EH-Net Live! Sept – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Android Hacking Proving Ground!” w/ Kyle Benac from Sept 24.
– EH-Net Live! Aug – Video & Deck Available Now! for “TryHackMe – Behind the Curtain” w/ Ben Spring and Ashu Savani from Aug 27.
– EH-Net Live! June – Video & Deck Available Now! for “CISO Underrepresented” w/ Mark Arnold and Steph Ihezukwu from June 30.
– EH-Net Live! May – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics” w/ Jake Williams from May 28.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
EH-Net YouTube Channel
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Wireless Pentesting Part 4 – Performing an Actual Wireless Pentest October 9, 2020
- Video: Android Hacking Proving Ground September 29, 2020
- Webinar: Android Hacking Proving Ground September 14, 2020
- Video: TryHackMe – Behind the Curtain September 2, 2020
- Wireless Pentesting Part 3 – Common Wireless Attacks August 25, 2020
- Intro to Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) August 18, 2020
- Webinar: TryHackMe – Behind the Curtain August 17, 2020
- Video: CISO Underrepresented July 31, 2020
Featured Community Articles
Intro to Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) August 18, 2020
Blockchain? I'm not sure what it is, but I know that bitcoin used to be worthless and now is worth a lot. HODL! (hold on for dear life) Bitcoin can be forked, so blockchain is a scam. Bitcoin uses blockchain technology, that means it is backed by math and code! These are just some of the things CIT...
Pentesting with a Raspberry Pi! January 8, 2020
For years now I have been a huge proponent of the Raspberry Pi. I started with a Raspberry Pi 2, which required a USB WiFi dongle for wireless, to a Raspberry Pi 3b with onboard WiFi. Later I would get a pair of Raspberry Pi Zero W's, and finally, this past summer, the newly released Raspberry P...
From Politics to Penetration Testing December 20, 2019
Not all politicians are lifers, said no politician ever. Until now. It was a mere 12 months ago that I left the political realm after losing a run for the Ohio General Assembly, after serving three years as Mayor of my community. I had spent most of the preceding 15 years as a public servant. Fr...
I’m Just Not Smart Enough to Work in Tech June 3, 2019
“You work in tech! Wow, you must be so smart. I wish I was that smart. I'm just not smart enough to work in tech.” That’s what I used to say to people when I would get asked why I wasn’t in the same field and making the same money they were. After all I only had a GED, and I didn’t care...
Data Driven Security Awareness Training May 14, 2019
Security awareness training can be a somewhat touchy subject. For those who administer it, it can often feel like just one more task to keep track of. It can feel similar to the employees who must undergo the training, especially for those who feel like their jobs don’t have a direct impact on the...
See All Community Articles
active 21 minutes ago
active 27 minutes ago
active 33 minutes ago
active 49 minutes ago
active 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
active 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
active 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
active 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
active 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
active 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
Recent Forum Topics
download brother printer driver
7 hours, 31 minutes ago
juno email login
7 hours, 32 minutes ago
Wyoming business for sale
8 hours, 5 minutes ago
Purchased CEH Courseware, now how do I get rid of it ?.
1 day, 5 hours ago
Why is my Epson Printer not printing black?
by Mike Wood
1 day, 8 hours ago
Championship Fever: 7 days 13
1 day, 9 hours ago
How the Patriots security orchestrated its function-line s
1 day, 9 hours ago
Tyrann Mathieu, Steve Spagnuolo compliment Derek Carr in advance of Raiders rema
1 day, 10 hours ago
Cowboys draft look at: 7 days 10 rooting lead towards land Dallas the utmost opp
1 day, 10 hours ago
Bengals spot Auden Tate and B.J. Finney upon COVID19 record; Winston Rose will c
1 day, 10 hours ago
Recent Forum Replies
- Eshley Durst on Futuristic CISCO certification training
- saraarianna on Video: CISO Underrepresented
- asassinbrave on Have you ever heard about About Arthur D. Little consalting?
- Collin White on Tuning your John The Ripper
- banumadhu on Good books on python
- opal-gorczany on Windows Token Misuse
- adisharma on Which Ethical Hacking Book Author is Best?
- erjohnwatson on Which Ethical Hacking Book Author is Best?
- brad on HIPAA Security Training
- brad on DoDI 8500.2 and DISA STIG