I was wondering if you guys suggest taking this 10 day Pen Testing course that Infosec Inst offers. I would be able take the test for possibly 5 exams. Infosec is cutting me a decent deal and I thought it would be good to know.
1. CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
2. CPT - Certified Penetration Tester
3. CEPT - Certified Expert Penetration Tester
4. ECSA - EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
5. LPT - Licensed Penetration Testerhttp://www.intenseschool.com/boot_camp/network_security/10_day_penetration_testing_course
I don't have any experience with these yet but my degree (grad May 2011) puts me into this area. Hopefully by the time I have the money saved up I will also have my CHFI, CCFE, and my CCE.
Although I plan mostly on doing Forensics I think that I can expand my knowledge while the Navy pays (MGI Bill) pays for these classes and who knows the Forensics thing may not work out as planned.