Title: InterScout Web Forensics Tool Released as Freeware
Post by: jimbob on August 16, 2006, 03:20:23 AM
I got details of this from the email@example.com mailing list, thought you guys might be interested.
We have been working on a web forensic tool for use with investigating
apache and other web logs (works mainly on *nix systems). In detail:
InterScout 1.0 is a free web log analytics tool that acts as a web log
file analyzer as well as a real-time web-based IDS specific to online
fraud monitoring on web servers.
InterScout 1.0.1 version features:
* Real-time email alert notification
* Customize scripted action on alert notification
* Pre-emptive detection of many phishing techniques
* Customized signature development specific to your environment
* Real-time and file-based web log monitoring
* Specifically designed to monitor online fraud against your
Please feel free to obtain a copy with no obligation at:
Secure Science Corporation
Edit:This is distributed as a linux/IA32 binary. It's not rocket science but it does raise some interesting ideas such as checking referer URLs for evidence of phishing hosts.