Title: Security Specialist - Hardware - Permanent - Research In Motion - Waterloo, ON
Post by: rgreen on February 25, 2010, 01:24:54 PM
Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM's portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
Please contact Stacey Schut at email@example.com for further discussion on the position.
The BlackBerry Security Team is a center of excellence working to ensure the ongoing security of our products and services for customers and partners worldwide. The security of BlackBerry products have always been among their strongest selling points, and RIM strives to provide the most secure, trusted mobile platform possible. To continue our tradition of excellence, we are looking for individuals in the security space who are knowledgeable, passionate, and experienced to join RIM. This is an opportunity to work for an industry leader in mobile security, one of the most challenging and interesting areas in computer science.
We are currently looking for a talented and passionate individual to actively track, test and extend the hardware security of BlackBerry smartphones and accessories. The work environment within BlackBerry Security is fast paced, highly dynamic and challenging. The successful candidate will assist in defining platform architecture, design phase and conduct security qualification on smartphone hardware. The candidate will also be responsible for researching and making recommendations on security considerations arising from manufacturing, configuration tools and global repair services. They will also track and assist in the resolution of any issues found and work to promote secure engineering practices with respect to hardware components and assemblies within the development, manufacturing and global repair organizations.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
• Leading efforts to analyze hardware designs, components and assemblies for security vulnerabilities
• Monitoring and reporting on external information sources to uncover newly disclosed/ reported attack techniques
• Working with internal teams to establish vulnerability management plans
• Proactively cultivating strong working relationships across the organization and with external vendors to ensure effective collaboration on resolving complex, time critical and potentially customer impacting security defects
• Prioritizing and coordinating hardware security initiatives, driving timely and effective identification and remediation of issues
• Tracking and reporting on efforts and progress to senior management
• Continually improving processes for identifying and managing security issues in smartphone and accessory hardware
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of common methods of hardware security exploitation, what facilitates the attacks and how they can be mitigated
• Experience with hardware implementations of security mechanisms including cryptographic algorithms, RNGs, trusted boot mechanisms, partitioned memory, etc.
• Experience in side-channel attacks and defenses.
• Experience with hardware security at the board/assembly level (encapsulates, tamper detection and response circuitry etc)
• Experience with test interfaces and control thereof (JTAG, ICE, etc)
• Experience with global manufacturing and repair service operation and considerations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Cool under pressure - objective and diplomatic
• Able to work collaboratively with minimal supervision as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Knowledge of BlackBerry products and services
• Low level programming experience with embedded systems, particularly ARM assembly.
If you're driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it's time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2010 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, BlackBerry, "Always On, Always Connected" and the "envelope in motion" symbol are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.
Research In Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.