Title: Hack Everything
Post by: don on July 24, 2007, 10:45:50 AM
Cool article from Jeremy Kaplan of PC Mag:
Hackers aren't magicians; they just like having things their way. To make your computer, Apple TV, or other device work for you doesn't require smoke and mirrors—you just need the right know-how.
Once upon a time, the hacker was a pale, solitary nerd. Armed with his 300-baud modem, soldering iron, and Atari 800, he coded and hacked his way into phone systems, networks, and anywhere else he wasn't supposed to go. The hacker may have been portrayed as socially awkward, but he knew what he wanted and wore his credo on his sleeve for all to see: "Why settle?" Today, you can take the hacker's place. Except for socially, you're just like him; you think the same way he does. After all, you're smarter than most people, you're adept, and you know what you want. Whether it's a faster computer, more features and options, or merely to tinker in order to learn how something works, you hold fast to the same beliefs as the hacker. Today, the hacker is you.
Table of Contents
• Hack Everything
- Hack Your Registry
- Find Hidden Goodies With Google
- Insta-Hack: Clean Up Your Motherboard
- Play All Your Files on Your Apple TV
- Open Up Your Cable Box
- Alpha Geeks Only! Rewrite Your BIOS...
- ...And Your Graphics Card Drivers
- Run Linux (or Windows!) on Your PS3
- Don't Hack Your Cable Modem
• Build The Ultimate Hacker's Toolkit
• Crank Up Your Computer
• Know Your Network
• Play DivX Files on Your Apple TV: The Complete Instructions
• 15 Sneaky Registry Hacks